Diesel Technician Mechanic
Amerit Fleet Solutions Colorado Springs, CO
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
COLORADO SPRINGS, CO
The Diesel Technician position requires high level of proficiency and working knowledge related to heavy duty Diesel Engine Diagnosis, repairs, as well as for Forklift and Pallet Jack repairs. Comprehension of Fleet Maintenance operations, understanding of electrical, hydraulics, PM and DOT inspection experience and knowledge.
This will be a temporary position with Amerit Fleet solutions with a chance of it becoming permnanent.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepare vehicle records and report both manually and on a computer
- Perform repairs and preventative maintenance to medium to heavy duty vehicles
- Perform safety inspections of equipment and prepare safety documentation required
- Comply with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as company policies/procedures
- Inspect and perform work on the under parts of vehicles
- Move parts to and from the job site and remove or install these parts on vehicles
- Interact with clients through both email or phone as necessary
- Perform other duties as required
Key Competencies and Minimum Education
- At least 5 years experience performing vehicle maintenance or must possess auto or diesel technology diploma from an accredited technical school
- ASE Certifications preferred
- Commercial Driver’s License class “A” or “B “ preferred
- Must be able to operate a manual transmission vehicle to determine if operating properly
- Must provide own hand tools & toolbox.
- Knowledge of hand held scan tools and the process of diagnosing vehicles.
- Ability to read schematics and familiar with process
- Proficient computer skills: knowledge of Excel, Word, Fleet Management Systems, and Email
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (documentation, communication with peers, supervisors, etc.)
- Exposure to heavy traffic areas while performing the duties of the job.
- Exposure to considerable amounts of dust, diesel fumes and noise.
- Exposure to chemicals, oils, greases or other irritants
- Access any area of the equipment or vehicle to perform necessary maintenance
- Ability to move and position heavy objects
- Ability to bend, stoop, crouch, kneel and crawl to repair vehicles
- Ability to work outside in various weather conditions.
Amerit Fleet SolutionsWhy Work Here?
Amerit Fleet Solutions has been servicing the maintenance and management needs of some of the largest, most complex fleets in North America.
About Amerit Fleet Solutions - www.ameritfleetsolutions.com
AddressColorado Springs, CO