Diesel Mechanic Technician
- medical, vision, 401k, dental,
Amerit Fleet Solutions, one of the leading fleet maintenance companies in the US, is looking to hire a skilled Diesel Mechanic / Technician in Hammond Indiana. The Diesel Mechanic is responsible for timely repair and maintenance of light and medium duty vehicles and plus 3 yards with a shop, 150 units of a variety of Kenworth, Placer Trucks, Bobcats, and more. Operate vehicles and test all working parts in various functions to ensure proper operation. Our fleet can range from F150s, Heavy Equipment, and Passenger Vehicles. You will not be bored here!
Compensation: Competitive Hourly Pay - Paid weekly, every Friday!
Shift: Monday - Friday 2:00 pm - 10:30 pm
What’s in it for you? Full-Benefits within 30 days! Benefits include medical, dental, vision, prescription drug coverage, paid vacation, holidays, and sick time, 401K, flexible spending accounts, life insurance, disability insurance, ASE certification program, employee recognition program, employee discounts, employee assistance program, and growth opportunities!
Shop Location, Room for Advancement, Awesome Fleet Manager
What the Diesel Mechanic / Technician role looks like:
- Prepare vehicle records and report both manually and on a computer
- Perform repairs and preventative maintenance to vehicles and associated equipment
- Perform safety inspections of equipment and prepare required safety documentation
- Inspect and perform work under vehicles
- Move parts to and from the job site and remove or install these parts on the vehicle
- Comply with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as company policies/procedures
- Interact with clients through both email and phone as necessary
- Perform other duties as required
What our ideal candidate looks like:
- At least 3 years experience performing vehicle maintenance and/or must possess an auto or diesel technology diploma from an accredited technical school
- Experience in repairing bucket lifts on mobile units. These lift units consist of Altec, Versalift, and Telstus.
- Experience in generator preventative maintenance and repair
- ASE Certifications preferred
- Must be able to operate a manual transmission vehicle to determine if operating properly
- Must provide own hand tools & toolbox.
- Proficient computer skills: knowledge of Excel, Word, Fleet Management Systems, and Email
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (documentation, communication with peers, supervisors, etc.)
Are you ready to advance your career as a Diesel Mechanic /Technician with Amerit Fleet Solutions? Apply Today!
#DieselJobsinIndiana #AutomotiveJobsinIndiana #Career #shoplocation #benefits ##Fleetmaintenancejobs #Hammond #HiringNow #NewJob
Full-Benefits within 30 days! Benefits include medical, dental, vision, prescription drug coverage, paid vacation and holidays.
Amerit Fleet Solutions has been servicing the maintenance and management needs of some of the largest, most complex fleets in North America.
Amerit Fleet SolutionsHammond, IN
Websitehttp://ameritfleetsolutions.com/ View All Amerit Fleet Solutions Jobs
Get fresh Diesel Mechanic Technician jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.