Position: Systems Engineer – Medical Devices
Location: San Diego, CA 92121
Duration: 12 Months contract
Pay Rate: $40/hr - $52/hr (depending on experience)
Relocation Expenses/ Assistance: NO
· A Systems Engineer in this role is responsible for using their broad technical expertise, leadership skills, and product development knowledge to provide Systems leadership through various phases of product life cycle.
· This Systems Engineer translates voice of customer and stakeholder needs into system and product requirements, identifies potential hazards and assesse requirements to ensure that the product meets the user/business needs, develops design and process specifications for new hardware and software products, aids in product verification and validation, and provides support in sustaining activities.
· The expectation for an Engineer II, Systems Engineer is that they regularly serve on smaller project core teams, act as a leader of technical excellence, and participate as an agent for continuous improvement within the Systems Engineering function.
· As such they are expected to help identify tasks/resources to ensure that critical project milestones are met and systems integration activities are identified and fulfilled.
· Working knowledge of product development lifecycle
· Leads system/product-level feasibility and risks assessments
· Facilitates cross-functional knowledge and experiences to promote the understanding and resolution of in-market and product development issues
· Responsible for coordination of system-level product development and its integration
· Serves as a resource to examine system behavior issues and bring to resolution for on-market products
· Identifies opportunities and drives continuous improvement efforts
· Applies DFSS best practices on all projects.
· Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Science or Engineering. A post graduate degree is preferred.
· Work experience required (combination of work experience and advanced degrees).
· Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
· Ability to lead multi-discipline engineering teams.
· A strong technical background within Systems Engineering, medical device development, or similar
· Experience with Systems Engineering and requirements management.
· Familiar with systems integration and testing, system architectural planning and design, Reliability Engineering, Project Management, and Failure Modes Effects Analysis.
· DFSS knowledge and experience or statistical test design and analysis knowledge or Critical Parameter Management.
· Excellent communication skills with the following departments: interdepartmental (with fellow engineers), cross-functional (with Marketing, Clinical Representatives, Software Engineers, Test Engineers, and Quality Engineers)
· Attention to detail paramount.
· Identified opportunities for continuous improvement projects/efforts.
· Experience working within an agile environment a plus.