Job Title: Sr. HR Resources Specialist
Location: 1333 Broadway Suite 500 Oakland CA 94612
Work Schedule - 40 hours – Long Term Assignment (12 months)
- The Human Resources Specialist complete key tasks in the Human Resources Department and to monitor and improve the logistics associated with key tasks and processes; uses acquired expertise to coordinate and provide support for various human resources programs within the organization.
- Develops systems and business processes to ensure smooth and efficient workflow and communication, and organized storage and dissemination of information.
The Human Resources Specialist is responsible for the following activities under the direction of the Director of Human Resources and Administration:
- Responsible for organizational recruitment
- Ensure recruitment system reflects best practices, and includes timely and robust communication with applicants and involvement by hiring managers; identify sites best targeted to candidates for each position.
- Identify and implement ways to automate the recruitment process and communicate applicants throughout the hiring process.
- Identify and maintain effective recruitment strategies that attract and retain deaf and disabled persons.
- Oversee the preparation of job descriptions, and initiate their periodic revision, ensuring compliance with applicable laws. Work with managers to periodically update job descriptions, in compliance with applicable regulations and best practice.
- Collaborate with Human Resources Coordinator to complete the required steps in the recruitment process efficiently
- Coordinate transition to employee self-service with HR information system. Provide training to managers and staff, ensure information on the site is relevant and current; Incorporate and distribute updates to Employee Handbook. Research and implement ways to make policies easily accessible by staff
- Leaves: Track and manage requests for medical leave, in compliance with applicable law and regulation
- Coordinate Foundation safety program in compliance with applicable standards, including maintaining safety records, taking minutes at Safety Committee meetings, tracking required training, researching training resources and tools, conducting employee communications promoting the importance of safe work practices.
- Ensure accurate record-keeping and timely distribution of required notices for Foundation 401(k) retirement program. Coordinate employee education.
- Implement re-engineering of HR processes, including the implementation of new practices and systems which add value to the Foundation (e.g. applicant tracking, employee self-service, employee communication, training and orientation, performance management).
- Assist key personnel in the development of succession planning, workforce development and employee retention.
- Assist in the assessment of training needs of staff, including position-specific needs and general training in any skill areas needed by the staff. Develop and implement system to ensure accurate and timely record keeping.
- Provide backup and support to other Human Resources and Administrative staff as needed
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
· Supervises the administrative and human resources coordinator; the committee coordinator; the committee assistant; and the office assistant/receptionist.
Education and/or Experience:
· Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; 5 years’ experience performing similar duties in Human Resources department required. Preference given to candidates with leadership role in one or more of the following: Recruitment, Safety, Leave Management, Employee Self-Service. Related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Certification: PHR, SPHR. SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP certification highly desirable
· Must be able to understand and read, write, speak the English language fluently. Must be able to present information to groups. Able to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers (employees), regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
Others: The Human Resources Specialist must be able to travel occasionally within the State of California, occasionally staying overnight.