Step into an instrumental role. Help conduct the smooth operation of a fast-paced—and friendly—financial planning office. Work as an employee of an independent advisor franchise with a financial advisory practice of Ameriprise Financial. Assist in daily business operations.
Assist financial advisor, office manager and staff in managing and organizing office work flow with an emphasis on creating and delivering a unique client experience that defines and differentiates the practice. This position will consistently follow high standards of business and professional ethics and legal and regulatory requirements when dealing with others and/or performing work activities.
This role provides administrative support by confirming scheduled meetings, preparing meeting material for the advisor, preparing client communications and tracking new business correspondence. This role is responsible for responding to ad hoc requests, coordinating/tracking projects and/or managing business-as-usual projects such as filing, copying, researching printer problems, and/or organizing the logistics of a client seminar.
Responsibilities and Time Allocation – Will change over time to meet the needs of the practice and can include other duties as assigned by the advisor.
Position Functions: 90%
· Work with home office to ensure accurate account setup and resolve issues
· Answer questions and provide readily available information to clients, if requested and as allowable, as it relates to servicing their accounts
· Maintain files and records in accordance with the records retention policy
· Perform other allowable duties as assigned by the financial advisor(s) and associate financial advisor(s)
· Provide insight, recommendations to effectively use key tools (MOD, Go Social, Advisor website, etc.) that help lead to results in practice Which also includes maintaining and "posting" to said tools.
· Greet clients upon arrival - parking reimbursement.
Set up and maintain client management system (Salesforce)
· Call clients or prospects to confirm scheduled meetings
· Conduct transaction requests as directed by financial advisor(s) and associate financial advisor(s)
· Coordinate client appreciation events and seminars
· Answer unsolicited calls from prospects to schedule appointments or refer to advisor
· Direct Attention to detail and organization
· Strong organizational and computer skills (word, excel, social media)
· Effective communication with clients and other advisors/staff
· Effective and efficient time management
· Polite and clear phone manner
· Ability to multi-task
· Ability to adhere to rules ad regulations as sates and required by advisor, Ameriprise Financial
· Ability to support and provide guidance for compliance within the Advisor's practice.
· Positive attitude and sincere willingness to constantly learn and grow.