Machine Operator III: Tuesday - Friday 4/10 Work Schedule
- Posted: over a month ago
This position must be able to proficiently operate, monitor and maintain all equipment on at least two types of lines (i.e.: Stick, Tablet, or Sachet). This could include equipment such as Presses, Cartoning, Tubing, Pouching, Stick machines, Wrappers, Labelers, and accessories. This is an experienced level position. Must be effective at training others and is expected to advocate for standard work processes and personally work to improve standard work processes. This level is considered a subject matter expert on related equipment. This position exhibits ownership behaviors to ensure outcomes match company and team needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Own “Winning the Shift” on the entire line.
- Safety: Zero Injuries
- Quality:100% SOP’s/Batch Records Followed & First Pass Quality
- Customer Service:“Green” hours in production output, especially Power Hour.
- 100% process compliance to Amerilab Processes (e.g. CL, CIL, OPL)
- Set up the next shift for success, @log communication and face to face handoff.
- Personally role model engagement and energy to “Win the Shift”.
- Support the planning and execution for full clean, partial clean, lot change, power hour.
- Recognize performance of teammates through Redzone.
- Train and qualify operators on all aspects of an Operator I and Operator II job.
- Own 100% compliance to Amerilab Processes for assigned line:
- EHS regulations and best practices
- Batch records, GMP’s, SOP’s, and log books
- Redzone downtime tracking, activities, logs, chats, etc
- Centerlines, CIL’s, Operator PM’s, OPL’s, Simplified Root Cause Analysis (RCA)
- Line and area 5S and cleanliness standards
- Full clean, partial clean, and lot change standards
- Escalation of issues protocol
- Perform setup, full clean, partial clean, and lot change activities to prescribed goals.
- Perform tests on product per SOP to ensure product meets specifications.
- Perform operator PM’s. (e.g. Polishing, buffing, inspections, replacing basic parts, etc)
- Drive problem solving using RCA tools, accurate data, and sense of urgency.
- Comply with all safety regulations and maintain safe work practices.
- Be a positive, engaged, energetic role model for the team.
- Proactively eliminate cross shift rivalries.
- Participate in and facilitate shift huddles, volunteer to take notes, and actively drive the “Call The Play” that drives “Winning the Shift”. Able to ask for help to get “Wins”.
- Personally backfill necessary operator positions during uncovered absences or when needed running through breaks.
- Effectively communicate and work well with other operators, Line Leads and other shift.
- Actively work to take on more ownership of line activities and processes. (e.g. OPL’s, PM’s)
- Drive sense of urgency by knowing all line downtime and escalating quickly.
- Support Amerilab with other duties as necessary.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Two (2) year college or technical school graduate; or one (1) year related field experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as technical documentation, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Moderate mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers and superiors.
- Ability to work with basic mathematical concepts of addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out interactions furnished in written or oral form.
- Ability to define problems and establish facts.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to manage time when deadlines need to be met.
EQUIPMENT AND TOOLS USED: Depending on which machine you are working on
- Check Weigher
- Cleaning Utensils
- Dust Collector
- Thickness Gauge
- Metal Detector
- Hardness Tester
- Meto Lift
- Pallet Jack
- Tablet Deduster
- Plastic Bags
- Hand Tools
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, and walk throughout the building and up and down staircases. The employee is frequently required to reach and perform routine tasks with hands and arms. The employee is required to stand and/or walk for prolonged periods of time. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel or crouch.
The employee is required to frequently to lift up to 60 pounds and move up to 100 pounds. The employee will regularly be required to apply push/pull force to direct relocation of 800 kg totes. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The employee may be required to work with hazardous materials. The employee may be exposed to hot surfaces, hot air, and electrical hazards. While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works with moving machinery.
ManufacturingView all jobs at Amerilab Technologies