Director of Manufacturing
- Medical , Paid Time Off , Retirement
Amerilab Technologies is a growing and leading US manufacturer in the development, manufacturing, and packaging of effervescent tablets, and effervescent and non-effervescent powders in stick packs and sachets, and we are currently seeking skilled and experienced Director of Manufacturing to join our team.
Monday to Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
The Director of Manufacturing will have full day-to-day responsibility for plant operations and provide strategic direction, leadership, and development of the Manufacturing team. The Director will be responsible for establishing an employee-friendly, high-performance work culture using Lean manufacturing principles. They will utilize Lean concepts in the development of a problem-solving culture and teach associates how to identify and eradicate waste, and complete root cause analysis to drive daily continuous improvement, identify and develop new product opportunities, specifically in effervescent tablets, powders, and other functional foods and nutritional supplement categories.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Provides strategic leadership to bulk formulation, sterile filling and inspection, and solid oral dose manufacturing functions, focused on safety in operations, product quality, efficiency, and compliance.
- Manages work priorities and timelines and allocates resources to assure assigned plant goals and timelines are met. This includes planning production operations and establishing priorities and sequences for manufacturing products.
- Identifies, prioritizes, and implements key manufacturing systems, policies, and projects to ensure all products manufactured meet critical quality attributes and specifications right first time, and successfully collaborate cross-functionally to ensure each operational unit has the appropriate resource support to ensure success.
- Refines systems and processes that track and optimize productivity and standards, metrics, and performance targets. Leads continuous improvement and operational excellence efforts across the manufacturing organization.
- Leads and develops a strong daily management process with production team to deliver operational KPIs and business financials.
- Motivates and leads a high-performance management team, focused on the development of people and a collaborative culture. Identifies and prioritizes hiring requirements, including analysis of specific skill sets and competencies required for the plant.
- Ensures collaboration with internal and external stakeholders, for successful and timely transfer of products and processes to commercial manufacturing.
- Ability to anticipate, negotiate and manage conflicts, problems, changing situations and deadlines.
- Provides a strong floor presence: we seek an on-the-floor leader.
- Makes recommendations to improve productivity, quality, and efficiency of operations.
- Executes approved projects within budget and schedule.
- Maintains OSHA, environmental, and other regulatory agency compliance.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
Understands and adheres to Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Stops any observed unsafe acts and obey facility safety rules and procedures.
- Corrects or reports any observed safety hazards.
- Supports safety policies and programs.
- Provides leadership and direction to the Manufacturing team.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Interviews, hires, and trains employees; plans, assigns, and directs work; appraises performance; rewards and disciplines employees; addresses complaints and resolves problems.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
Education / Experience / Certifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Manufacturing, Operations, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, science discipline or similar field preferred.
- Minimum 10 to 15 years’ experience in food, pharmaceutical, nutritional supplements preferred.
- Minimum five years leadership experience preferred.
- An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered.
- Experience working/scheduling in a high-volume/high-mix environment.
- Strong manufacturing leadership experience in discrete manufacturing environments with demonstrable results. The ideal candidate will have 10–15 years of work experience and at least five years of experience leading operations teams.
- Experience working in businesses with less than $200M in revenue. (Understands idiosyncrasies of mid-sized and/or family-owned / run businesses. Enjoys being able to make an impact more than having big company resources – big fish / small pond.)
- Five-plus years working in strong Lean cultures.
- Must have had roles with P&L responsibility and must have working knowledge of budgets and financial statements.
- Strong people management and influencing experience, with exempt and non-exempt employees.
- Strong project management abilities
- Capable of interaction at all levels of the organization
- Ability to manage and execute several activities at once.
- Proven strategic leadership and enterprise mindset.
- High level of financial acuity.
- Must have a strong drive to understand unknowns, comfortable challenging status quo, prone to ask questions.
- Strong understanding of US and international regulations and dietary supplement cGMPs a plus.
- Ability to translate complex concepts and information into an easy-to-understand manner to external and internal teams.
- Demonstrated drive to identify improvement opportunities in products, processes, and people. Ability to provide strong rational and supporting case for proposed improvements.
- Excellent written and oral proficiency in English
- Strong personal presence with excellent leadership, communication, interpersonal and relationship building skills.
At Amerilab Technologies, we are committed to providing our employees with a supportive and engaging work environment that fosters growth and development. We offer competitive pay, annual bonus, benefits package including health insurance, 401(k) matching, paid time off (PTO), tuition reimbursement, and more.
If you are a motivated and experienced Director of Manufacturing with a passion for excellence, we encourage you to apply today and join our dynamic team at Amerilab Technologies.
Amerilab TechnologiesMinneapolis, MN
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.