- Posted: over a month ago
Supervises and coordinates the airline's ground operation activities including but not limited to airport operations, aircraft handling, and Ground Service Equipment (GSE) maintenance. Supervises, directs, and coordinates activities within the operation that obtain optimum use of the company’s equipment, facilities, and personnel. Overall supervision of the company’s ongoing operations to ensure all aircraft movements, airport activity, ramp handling, loading /unloading of aircraft meet all company and government requirements. Responsibilities include employee supervision to include training of employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; evaluating performance; addressing complaints, and resolving problems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following, but not limited to:
- Assist the operations manager with airport authorities, handling agents and various airport vendors and airport stakeholders
- Supervises employees and equipment to efficiently complete the tasks within established company standards.
- Monitor and/or conduct required training of personnel.
- Monitor and evaluate the performance of ground operations activity
- Responsible for achieving all ground operations procedures goals regarding performance, safety, service, and regulatory compliance.
- Enforces compliance with administrative policies, procedures, safety rules, and government regulations. (Regulatory agencies).
- Supervises ground operations procedures that would enhance operational effectiveness and efficiency.
- Analyze schedules, and assist with trends and other factors that might affect workloads; prepare work schedules, which provides the most efficient, and economical personnel coverage within department/ company policies to meet expected operational demands.
- Proactive in anticipating problems and initiates actions to solve issues regarding ground operations procedural matters.
- Maintain an optimum level of employee morale by proper and consistent discipline or commendation.
- Responsible for the supervision of work performed by outside vendors.
- Maintain and protect the proper use of all company property.
- Participation in station safety meetings.
- Must be qualified to manage all aspects of ground operations including Weight and Balance, Special Loads, Hazardous Materials, Deicing, Fueling, Catering, Security, etc. as applicable to the station operations.
- Must be willing to perform all other activities and special projects as directed by the operations manager.
- Recognizes opportunities to control costs and supports corporate initiatives accordingly to include the overall station budget and finances with specialization in cost control.
- Be knowledgeable of company policies and procedures to include relating the interpretation of such to subordinates.
- Report if procedural changes are required/needed and assist said implementation to the company’s Cargo Operations Manual or any other related manual•
- Ensures procedures and guidelines are established for carrier’s Ground Operations, ground handling, ground training, and ground services.
- Supply input that would be used in employee performance evaluations.
- Ensure compliance with established company safety policies and procedures.
- Provide prompt response to service requests.
- Prepare daily shift reports, statistics, operational issues, station status, and ensure all required reports are completed and submitted in a timely fashion.
- Ensure proper training and paperwork completion for all new employees.
- Supervises all warehouse/ramp operations/Traffic in a manner that meets all established SOP and provides outstanding CS.
- Certified to perform company weight and balance in accordance with the company policy and procedures.
- Meet Pre-Determined budget targets for the department
- Ensure training is completed per procedure.
- Perform employee reviews on time.
- Maintain on-time performance goals.
- Ensure subordinate performance levels meet standards established.
EDUCATION and/or CERTIFICATION:
•High School Diploma or GED required.
•A.S. in Aviation preferred.
•lATA Certification Required; One-Year Work Experience with lATA certification.
•IMDG Certification Required; One-year work experience with IMDG certification.
•Valid Driver’s License.
1.FAA, TSA, and CBP regulations including standard security programs such as OSHA and DERM regulations.
2.IATA ground handling procedures (SGHA)
3.IATA Safety Audit for Ground Operations (ISAGO).
4.Aircraft weight and balance procedures
5.Detailed knowledge of Ground Handling requirements, including Service Level Agreements (SLA’s) and Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s).
6.Familiar with GSE maintenance procedures and management.
•Two years prior experience in a leadership role with a proven background.
•One year of supervisory role in cargo/freight handling including customer service, and ground handling of commercial aircraft.
•Minimum five years combined experience in aviation, cargo
SKILLS and/or ABILITIES:
•Ability to communicate clearly, (verbally and written), with all levels of staff, vendors and customers.
•Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision to the completion of all duties and projects assigned.
•Proficient skills in computer software programs: Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint.
•Ability to adapt to Company and process changes quickly and communicate those effectively to staff by coaching, training, or suggesting additional training.
•Must be fluent in speaking, reading, and writing in English.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS OF THIS POSITION:
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to climb, crawl, kneel, crouch or stoop. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and or move up to 70 lb. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and color vision.
Must be able to travel domestically and internationally for extended periods of time.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the work performed in this position. These statements are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, tasks, and skills required of an employee in this position. Amerijet International Airlines, Inc. reserves the right to request that other tasks be performed when warranted (for example, by emergencies, changes in personnel or workload, corporate reorganization, or technical development). Amerijet International Airlines, Inc. also reserves the right to revise this job description.
Amerijet International Airlines, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and will consider all qualified applicants without regards to race, color religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factors under federal, state or local law.
Any applicant requiring assistance with our online application process or who needs and accommodation for the application process due to a disability should contact (954) 320-5391.
BusinessView all jobs at Amerijet International
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?