- Make outbound phone calls and take inbound calls from patients to offer payment options and solutions to help them resolve their medical expenses while keeping our clients payment specifics and mission and vision statements in mind.
- Note each phone call and conversation in our clients system. Additional documentation may be need based on the client.
- Take payments using our client’s payment portals while complying with federal guidelines.
- Comply with state and federal laws that govern our agency along with guidelines that govern our clients as well (HIPAA).
- Take insurance information and forward to appropriate department.
- Set goals to ensure personal growth by working with current team leader or manager.
- Review accounts, phone calls, dialogue and receive feedback in a positive manor to help achieve your own personal goals.
Training Process for Work From Home Patient Customer Service Specialist
Training for Work From Home Patient Customer Service Specialists will be held onsite at Americollect headquarters in Manitowoc until graduation (approximately 60 days) from the training program.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Insurance knowledge is preferred
- Certified Revenue Cycle Specialist certification (CRCS) is a plus
- Ability to type 45 words per minute
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel, Word, and Outlook
Additional Requirements for Work From Home Patient Customer Service Specialist
- Must reside within 45 miles of Americollect Headquarters in Manitowoc, Wisconsin.
- High Speed Internet is required. Proof of current internet service will be needed. Please note that you will be asked to provide the following information to ensure you have all the proper requirements to work from home.
- Ability to understand technology and have the ability to apply knowledge to trouble shoot basic issues
- Work From Home is not an alternate for child care/dependent care. Must have separate accommodations for child and/or dependent care.
- Must have a secure and private room separate from main living space with the ability to lock
- May be required to work additional hours if directed by their manager during Inclement weather.
- Positive Attitude
- Team Oriented
- Consumer Needs, Assessments & Solutions