Arup is a global advisory services firm with 16,000 employees. We use strategic foresight and technical insight to enhance the performance of businesses through their people and their assets; helping solve complex challenges to shape a better human and built environment. Our aims and values are intrinsically linked: to produce quality work, to provide total and integrated advice, to be a humane organization, to be straight and honorable in all our dealings, to provide a social usefulness and to provide reasonable prosperity for our members.
Our advisory business is hugely renowned globally, recently winning the Consulting Excellence Firm of the Year, the People Project of the Year and Social & Environmental Value awards a the Management Consultancy Awards. Our work is incredibly diverse - from opening some of the world's largest airports to helping guide European Union safety legislation using cutting edge psychology
What We Do
Advisory Services in Arup play a role in the development of new business models and ways of achieving sustainable business outcomes. We achieve this by helping to re-design thinking for business.
Operations Consulting is a multi-disciplinary team bringing together specialist skills in people, processes and assets to deliver excellence to our clients, transforming their businesses through their people, assets and operations. We operate in a range of markets, including Aviation, Transport and Property. The global team includes a breadth of expertise covering business psychologists, human factors experts, logistics and operational design experts, transport operations specialists, asset management and business process professionals, change management practitioners and industry sector experts. We use our professional relationships and networks to provide advice at a national and international level, to earn positions of influence for positive change in economic prosperity for the US and beyond. We work collaborative across Advisory and with the wider business to integrate expertise to achieve the best outcome for our clients.
You will apply your specialist skills in operations consulting, management consulting, business process improvement or transformational change on a range of high profile client projects. Your service delivery focus will be on building trusted relationships with clients through high quality work including:
- Engaging with a range of stakeholders across a project to understand how a business, its people and its operations function, to make performance improvement recommendations
- Working alongside our clients to help implement transformational change projects, developing change management strategies and plans whilst identifying training requirements and designing any required training to support change
- Interpreting technical information into clear communications for broad stakeholder groups
- Working directly with clients and building client relations
- Reviewing organizational behavior and cultures and applying knowledge of organizational change to client challenges
- Design and implementation of organization and program structures and governance arrangements
- Planning and delivering people and process transition programs for operationally complex environments
Required Skills and Experience
- Typically, 2-3 years of experience in a consulting or in-house environment.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Management, Organizational Psychology or Operations.
- Experience in some of the areas mentioned above, but more importantly a desire to expand your horizons and learn
- Work collaboratively with clients and deliver to their expectations.
- Strong analytical skills, including an ability to analyze and draw insight from data.
- Sector experience in one of the following markets: Aviation, Transport, Property
- Demonstrate a methodological and creative approach to decision-making.
- A collaborative style of working that fosters innovation and team working.
Desirable Skills and Knowledge
- Experience in organizational readiness (research methodologies, job analysis, selection and assessment, training needs analysis, large scale training design and delivery, project management).
- Experienced facilitator, and stakeholder manager: comfortable working with groups including senior management cohorts.
- Experienced in change management: diagnosis, planning, implementation and evaluation.
Arup offers an excellent benefits package including healthcare, 10% 401k match, 4 weeks of Paid Time Off (PTO), 9 paid public holidays, and bonus compensation in the form of Profit Share.
Arup is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where our people are encouraged to grow.