Senior Analyst (Health Equity)
- Posted: over a month ago
AHIP is looking for a talented Senior Analyst, Health Equity! If you are looking to make a real difference through your career journey, why not do it with the foremost health insurance advocacy organization in the nation?
AHIP is the industry-leading trade association of health insurance providers striving to make health care better and coverage more affordable for every American. Our team works among the nation’s most influential policymakers and stakeholders with front row seats to make unparalleled impact and change with policy advocates, leading convenors and conferences, foremost innovators, and champions of the health care industry.
This position will serve as a subject matter expert for AHIP’s health equity initiatives, working collaboratively within AHIP and with AHIP members to develop policy positions, prepare comment letters and other materials, and work to advance health equity.
Federal and state policy and advocacy
- Collaborate with AHIP’s policy teams to develop proactive policy positions on health equity and to engage with federal/state agencies
- Collaborate with AHIP’s federal and state affairs team to engage with Congress, NAIC, and state legislatures to inform equity efforts
- Collaborate with AHIP’s policy teams to respond to opportunities to submit public comments to federal and state RFIs, regulations
- Review and provide feedback on equity-related legislation
- Collaborate with AHIP’s federal and state affairs team propose policy and legislative solutions to address equity challenges
Catalogue health insurance provider best practices on health equity/ Demographic data collection
- Collaborate with plans to develop positioning on and participate in policy discussions related to evidence-based and stakeholder-driven standards relevant for health care industry
- Collaborate with AHIP policy experts and member plans on the develop privacy and data governance principles related to member socio-demographic data collection and protection.
- Develop supportive resources to assist plans with implementation
Culturally competent networks
- Collaborate with members to respond to policy initiatives focused on diversifying health plan provider networks/staff of network organizations
- Collaborate with AHIP’s federal and state policy and advocacy teams to advocate for achievable goals and requirements related to the collection of demographic data from providers
- Assist members in finding appropriate resources for unconscious bias training
- Facilitate policy development and engage key stakeholders regarding how to ease consumer’s ability to find someone they feel comfortable seeing for care
Credentialing and quality
- Collaborate with clinical team members focused on the work of health plan credentialing organizations (NCQA, URAC, etc.) to inform their equity efforts
- Draft and submit public comments to credentialing organization proposed equity requirements
- Assist members to succeed under credentialing requirements
Health equity, population health, and value-based care
- Collaborate with policy team focused on quality and SDOH and interested AHIP member plans to develop and/or comment on measures designed to incent providers to reduce disparities as a part of value-based payment initiatives
- Catalogue existing measures and gaps in measures
- Explore strategies for adoption of equity measures in alternative payment models
- Collaborate with AHIP policy team focused on health information technology to engage members and policymakers on issues related to bias in AI and algorithms
- Collaborate with AHIP policy team focused on health information technology to promote data interoperability for health equity information
- Inform AHIP policy work regarding privacy and consumer-related data exchange
Other duties as assigned.
This position has no supervisory responsibility.
This job operated in both a professional office environment and may also be operated in a remote environment. In office hours may be required as needed. This role routinely uses standard office equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Standard days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m., however may require long hours and weekend work.
- Position may be performed remotely 75 – 100% of the time within a week. This position may require face-to-face interaction at our DC office
No travel is required with this position.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree and minimum 6 years’ related experience or a Master’s degree or other advanced degree and 5 years’ related experience.
- A demonstrated commitment to the role of health insurance providers as a key stakeholder in addressing and improving health equity.
- Deep knowledge regarding and sensitivity to equity in all its manifestations and the impact of inequity on access and outcomes in health care.
- Demonstrated experience and success leading and managing policy development, analysis and advocacy processes, especially as they relate to equity and inclusion.
- Capacity to work effectively across cross-departmentally and with staff at all levels.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills, including the ability to listen deeply, facilitate challenging conversations, build rapport and trust, mediate disputes, write and present persuasively to multiple audiences, and collaborate with diverse constituencies.
- Substantive knowledge of the health policy making process and the various federal and state agencies overseeing the administration of health insurance programs and products (ERISA, Medicare Advantage, Medicaid Managed Care, CHIP, ACA Marketplace).
AHIP will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
America's Health Insurance Plans
BusinessView all jobs at America's Health Insurance Plans