Our Director of Nursing administers the nursing program within Americare skilled or assisted living facilities to maintain quality standards of residential care and advises medical staff, department heads and administrators in matters relating to nursing service. Recommends establishment or revision of policies and develops organizational structure and standards of performance. Interprets policies and objectives of nursing service to staff and community groups. Promotes working relationships with community agencies and with other establishment departments. Assists in preparation of departmental budget. Establishes personnel qualification requirements, drafts procedure manuals, initiates in-service programs, installs record and reporting systems and performs other personnel management tasks. Initiates studies to evaluate effectiveness of nursing sevice in relation to their objectives and costs.
- Responsible for all nursing service and its administration and clinical supervision.
- Responsible for the implementation of nursing objectives, standards of nursing care, nursing policy and procedure manual, and reviews and revises such as necessary and at least annually.
- Interprets all nursing policies and procedures to nursing personnel. Determines that nursing care standards and nursing policies and procedures are being followed according to written guidelines.
- Supervises and gives clinical guidance to nurses and other nursing staff (PCA, C.N.A., CMT, etc) as necessary.
- Makes rounds to assess resident and staffing needs and visits residents each work day.
- Works under the direction of facility administrator to assure that all nursing personnel complete the required orientation and attend the necessary in-service training, and that appropriate documentation is maintained.
- Responsible for nursing assessment monthly or as on needed basis, documenting assessments, notifying physicians and families in change of condition, obtaining appropriate orders and implementing order. Responsible for supervising personal hygiene of residents.
- Responsible for seeing that all the necessary written documents such as Admission Nursing Assessments, Nursing Notes, Over-All-Care Plans and other required information is kept current in the resident record system.
- Responsible for assisting administrator in keeping facility standards up to state and federal and ASI requirements and assisting with any and all inspections. Team member in planning, evaluating and providing safe home like environment and quality of life for residents.
- Responsible for determining that the medication systems meets the needs of the resident, is an effective type administration system and is set up according to State regulations and pharmaceutical guidelines.
- Keeps administrator informed of significant changes in residents’ condition, transfer of residents to the hospital, expirations or any pertinent information regarding the residents and/or employees.
- Assists in determining the type of residents to be admitted to the facility using established nursing care criteria as a guideline. Makes decisions as to placement of residents and transfer to other rooms as necessary.
- Communicates with Administrator schedules and conducts nursing staff meetings and maintenance of such records.
- Determines that incident reports are made out as necessary or as indicated and reviews such on a routine basis.
- Assesses supply and equipment needs for nursing department and sees that adequate stocks are maintained.
- Is available for call when needed by the staff members on duty in matters pertaining to nursing care.
- Performs any other duties as may be necessary as specified by the administrator of the facility.
- Graduate of an approved school of nursing
- Current state nursing license
- Maintains current state registration and ongoing education
Benefits of Joining our Team
- Opportunity to work with a professional team in a growing industry
- A team with a high level of energy, integrity and motivation to succeed
- Competitive compensation and a great benefit package including 401(k)
- Paid time off and holidays
- Medical and dental insurance
We offer employees access to wages on demand
At Americare, we pride ourselves as being pioneers of the senior living industry in setting standards of excellence; we strive to provide care and services to seniors better than anyone. To be fully considered applicants must include resume with their salary expectations. Applicants must have a current RN license in the state of MO.