The sales/cashier position is responsible for maintaining guest service, generating sales, housekeeping, merchandising, signing, pricing, cash register operations (POS) and loss prevention in adherence to all company policy/store standards.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ensure that each guest receives outstanding guest service by providing a guest friendly environment, including greeting and acknowledging every guest, maintaining outstanding standards, solid product knowledge and all other components of guest service.
- Maintain an awareness of all product information, merchandise promotions, test merchandise and advertisements.
- Assist in floor moves, merchandising, display maintenance and facility housekeeping.
- Assist in processing and replenishing merchandise; participate in receiving and monitoring floor stock.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and practices, including signing, pricing, and loss prevention.
- Accurately and efficiently complete all sales transactions and maintain proper cash and media accountabilities at POS registers.
- Properly communicate and record guest or product requests.
- Customer/Client Focus.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Organizational Skills.
- Ethical Conduct.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional retail environment. This role routinely uses standard retail equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 50 pounds.Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time or part-time position. Weekend and holidays are expected to be worked. Typical work days and hours are between Monday through Sunday, 7:00 a.m. to 10:30 pm Schedules are subject to change
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED.
Preferred Education and Experience
- 1-3 years of sales experience.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Basic math skills
- Communication skills
*Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Submit resume detailing your experience
- Submit a cover letter explaining why you would be a great fit for our team
- Submit 3 professional references
- Must have a valid California I.D or License
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time