Certified Peer Specialist 1160573
AmericanWork, LLC. Savannah, GA
- Posted: over a month ago
Certified Peer Specialist
Looking to do meaningful work helping others in the community as a Certified Peer Specialist?
AmericanWork, Inc., part of Pathways – one of the largest national providers of accessible, outcome-based behavioral and mental health services, is in search of a compassionate, caring, growth-minded Certified Peer Specialist.
For your passion and dedication providing Peer Support that will provide services to adults with a serious and persistent mental illness, we offer paid training, career advancement opportunities, medical/dental/vision, PTO, paid holidays, flexible part time or full time flexible schedule and much, much more (read below)! We realize that your growth is paramount to our continued reputation of quality and service excellence, so we are ready to invest in YOU from day one!
About your Role:
- Provides Peer Support services that include activities that promote socialization, recovery, wellness, self-advocacy, development of natural supports, and maintenance of community living skills.
- Provides peer support services and serves as a consumer advocate.
- Performs a wide range of tasks to assist consumers in self-directing their own recovery.
- Develop IRP in conjunction with each consumer (and family, if possible) that has recovery goals and specific steps to obtain and reach those goals.
- Will promote / encourage empowerment, self-sufficiency, self-advocacy, self-help, employment through tools such as strength based skills training, WRAP plans and peer to peer support.
- Will abide by all safety rules and regulations of the AmericanWork, Inc., APS, CARF, and DHR, as well as ensure all staff and consumers abide.
- Additional duties may be assumed as assigned.
Does the Following Apply to You?
- Must have certification as a Certified Peer Specialist
- Must be able to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing,
- Have an understanding of and sensitivity to serving the culturally diverse and special needs population and possess knowledge of the populations served in the services provided.
- Must possess a high school diploma and /or GED,
- Must possess a valid Georgia Driver’s License;
- Must have a clean Motor Vehicle Records (MVR);
- Must have a clean Criminal Back Ground Check (no convictions or shown credible evidence of perpetrating abuse, neglect or sexual exploitation – child or adult)
Perks for working Full time at Pathways:
- 401 K Plan, Medical, Dental, Vision plans
- Paid Vacation days that increase with tenure after the first year!
- Separate Paid Sick leave that rolls over each year
- Paid Holidays
- Opportunities for advancement in our national company! As we grow, you grow with us!
- Employee Assistance Program
- Perks @ Pathways (student loan refinancing, pet insurance, Verizon wireless discount, movie, hotel, concert and sporting event discounts)
If you're #readytowork AmericanWork Inc. is #readytohire!
Not the job you’re looking for?
AmericanWork Inc. has a variety of positions in various locations; please go to https://americanwork-llc.careerplug.com/jobs
To Learn More About Us:
Pathways @ http://www.pathways.com/mission-vision-and-values/
AmericanWork @ https://www.pathways.com/georgia
Pathways is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic.