The Senior Group Travel Specialist is one of the team responsible for the administration and operations of traveling groups, as part of the AmericanTours International, LLC's (ATIs) USA team of Special Groups Department members.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
This position requires the capability to understand and follow both oral and written directions, as well as, knowledge and usage of correct business English and office practices. Must be able to communicate effectively with others, analyze and resolve problems, maintain effective working relationships, and interact successfully others.
Specific skills and abilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally during interpersonal interactions and use proper telephone etiquette.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to take initiative and effectively adapt to changes.
- Able to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Able to use sound judgment; work independently, with minimal supervision.
- Strong analytical, detail oriented and problem solving skills.
- Able to perform a variety of duties, often of a different nature, changing from one task to another, with impending deadlines and/or established timeframes.
- Performs well with frequent interruptions and/or distractions.
- Performs in accord with all company standards, policies and procedures
- Is flexible and holds a "can do" spirit to perform varying and other related position duties as assigned. Enjoys new learning opportunities.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, Associates or Bachelor's degree preferred
- A minimum of 2 years of professional experience within an office, experience in Group Travel operations or Travel and Tourism event coordination.
- No supervisory experience required.
- This position does not include supervisory responsibilities.
OFFICE LOCATION: ATI Los Angeles Corporate Headquarters Building, on Century Boulevard, by LAX.
OFFICE HOURS: 9:00am to 5:30pm Monday – Friday (or similar as mutually agreed with your supervisor)
SALARY: Salary based on experience.