- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Coordination of the production process for a department to optimize the use of all resources in meeting and/or exceeding established plant goals and client/customer expectations
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provides feedback to providers related to meeting or exceeding expectations defined.
- Ensure the maintenance of all production equipment.
- Plan and coordinate department’s activities to support SQDC targets, and meet and/or exceed client and/or customers’ expectations.
- Actively participate on assigned teams and/or projects.
- Ensure assigned departments perform tasks as outlined in Job Instruction Breakdowns, Quality Specifications, and Standard Operating Practices.
- Participate in identifying hiring needs; employee selection and training process
- Provide communication on departmental expectations, motivates team members, and identifies opportunity for improvements.
- Provide team leadership consistent with company vision, mission, CITE principles.
- Ensures Policies are followed and provides guidance and discipline.
- Effectively utilize all resources to maximum potential performance to achieve SQDC goals.
- Establishes individual goals for team members in alignment with overall organization goals and performs periodic performance reviews to determine progress.
- Support and represent company as a union-free environment
- Provide a safe and productive work environment, including housekeeping.
- Participate in the identification and implementation of continuous improvement initiatives
- Role model CITE and Working in Teams principles
- Perform other tasks as directed by direct supervisor
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
Undergraduate degree highly preferred; extensive work experience may be considered in lieu of education.
- Minimum of 5 years of supervision experience; multiple departments
- Minimum of 5 years of manufacturing experience; wood related preferred.
- Must have experience in material flows and inventory management; continuous improvement practices; and process analysis.
- Excellent personal computer skills in a network environment; Microsoft products experience preferred - Outlook-Word-Excel.
- Track record of successful project management
- Experience in working in a team environment
- Management style must be consistent with CITE Principles
- Strong planning/Organization & Time Management skills
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Six Sigma training is a plus
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common business and technical journals and financial reports. Ability to listen and communicate effectively with customers/clients in an effort to respond to common inquires or complaints from customers/clients, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community and public. Ability to develop presentations to be delivered to production team, plant level team, or public groups.
Ability to apply basic mathematical concepts like addition, subtraction, multiplication or division to basic manufacturing performance recording or financial performance recording. Ability to read and use a tape measure.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Will supervise hourly employees in the assigned department and/or departments. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of direct reports. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employee; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Typical Working Conditions: (Describe environment including exposure to heat, cold, fumes, chemicals, allergens, mold, etc.) Typical indoor manufacturing environment. The noise level is usually moderate to high and hearing protection may be required on the production floor. Safety glasses are required on the production floor. Some out-of-town travel is required. Occasional weekend work required.
Essential Physical Tasks:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 20 pounds.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The American Woodmark Corporation does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, military and veteran status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, pregnancy, or any other legally-protected characteristic; and it will comply with all applicable state discrimination laws. No person will be denied employment solely because of a disability, provided that the person can perform the essential functions of the position for which the person has applied, either with or without reasonable accommodations.
We celebrate our passionate and dedicated workforce. They are our inspiration and strength, and the reason for our success and leadership in the industry. With their help, we pledge to bring the best quality and value to our customers, the best workplace and opportunities to our people, the best products and customer service to home centers, builders and distributors and the best investment for our shareholders. We are excited and humbled by the challenge of leadership. Our people are determined to continue to set the standard for our industry, promote American quality, and enhance our homes and lives with American Woodmark products.
Full benefits package
Salary is D.O.E
2111 Eastridge Ave RiversideRiverside, CA
ManufacturingView all jobs at American Woodmark
Get fresh Process Supervisor jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.