American Woodmark Lincolnton, NC
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: dental, life insurance, medical, vision, 401k,
Ensure the integrity of the location’s finances and reporting, provide financial technical expertise, and serve as the financial business partner to plant leadership.
1. Ensure the integrity of all financial reporting and safeguarding of all assets.
2. Act as financial business partner to the Plant Director and plant leadership team to help evaluate the financial impact of key decisions.
3. Develop appropriate facility and departmental measurement systems that enable the plant management team to track and measure performance.
4. Provide timely and accurate analysis on actual monthly plant performance.
5. Conduct special plant studies as needed and identify plant trends and issues.
6. Assist in preparation of functional/company-wide studies as required.
7. Prepare plant forecasts and the annual budget in line with corporate targets and expectations.
8. Identify cost savings opportunities and propose solutions to implement.
9. Help to prepare capital expenditure requests, conduct post-completion audits, and track expenditures against approval.
10. Ensure financial policies and SOX narratives are followed.
11. Conduct audits consistent with control responsibilities and in conjunction with internal and external audit plans.
12. Work with the Plant Materials Team to ensure inventory accuracy.
13. Support month-end close activities as required.
14. Actively participate on assigned teams and/or projects.
15. Provide team leadership consistent with company vision, mission, CITE principles while building bench strength within the finance team.
16. Support and represent company as a union-free environment, or where a union already exists support a good working relationship with the union, honoring budget commitments and minimizing the effects of restrictive practices.
17. Provide a safe and productive work environment, including housekeeping.
18. Role model CITE and Working in Teams principles
19. Perform other tasks as directed by Plant Director and Corporate Finance
May supervise salaried employees in the assigned department and/or departments. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of any direct reports. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employee; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
• All Finance activities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required.
Education, Experience, and Skills:
• Undergraduate degree in Accounting, Finance or Business or related discipline; advanced degree or CPA designation is a plus.
• Minimum of 5 years of financial management or analytical experience; Manufacturing environment preferred.
• Supervisory experience a plus.
• Must have experience in material flows, continuous improvement practices; and process analysis.
• Six Sigma training is a plus
• Excellent personal computer skills in a network environment; Microsoft products experience preferred - Outlook-Word-Excel-Access.
• Track record of successful project management
• Experience in working in a team environment
• Management style must be consistent with CITE Principles
• Strong planning/Organization & Time Management skills
• Demonstrated problem solving skills
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common business and technical journals and financial reports. Ability to listen and communicate effectively with customers/clients in an effort to respond to common inquires or complaints from customers/clients, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community and public. Ability to develop presentations to be delivered to production team, plant level team, or public groups.
Ability to apply basic mathematical concepts like addition, subtraction, multiplication or division to basic manufacturing performance recording or financial performance recording. Ability to read and use a tape measure.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 20 pounds.
Typical indoor manufacturing environment. The noise level is usually moderate to high and hearing protection may be required on the production floor. Safety glasses are required on the production floor. Some out-of-town travel is required. Occasional weekend work required.
We celebrate our passionate and dedicated workforce. They are our inspiration and strength, and the reason for our success and leadership in the industry. With their help, we pledge to bring the best quality and value to our customers, the best workplace and opportunities to our people, the best products and customer service to home centers, builders and distributors and the best investment for our shareholders. We are excited and humbled by the challenge of leadership. Our people are determined to continue to set the standard for our industry, promote American quality, and enhance our homes and lives with American Woodmark products.
Bonus 5% bi-annual
Full benefits package
See our website www.americanwoodmark.com then go to the Careers and search the job title to apply for position to apply.
American WoodmarkWhy Work Here?
American Woodmark is a vision-driven and values-based leader in the kitchen & bath industry.
American Woodmark is a leading kitchen and bath cabinet manufacturer, servicing the remodel and new construction markets. With over 10,000 employees, 17 manufacturing facilities, and seven primary service centers located throughout the United States. Offering more than 15 brands and hundreds of cabinet styles, our commitment to quality and caring for our customers and employees never wavers. We celebrate our passionate and dedicated workforce. They are our inspiration and strength, and the reason for our success and leadership in the industry. With their help, we pledge to bring the best quality and value to our customers, the best workplace and opportunities to our people, the best products and customer service to home centers, builders and distributors and the best investment for our shareholders. We are excited and humbled by the challenge of leadership. Our people are determined to continue to set the standard for our industry, promote American quality, and enhance our homes and lives with American Woodmark products. Pay D.O.E Bonus 5% bi-annual Full benefits package See our website www.americanwoodmark.com then go to the Careers and search the job title to apply for position to apply.
Finance and Insurance