Distribution Center Forklift Operator
American Woodmark Dallas, TX
- Expired: July 07, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Description The Forklift Operator receives, stores, and distributes materials, tools, equipment and high-valued products for multiple lines within the Assembly. II. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: · Reads production schedule, customer order, and work order, shipping order or requisition to determine items to be moved, gathered or distributed.
· Conveys materials and items from receiving or production areas to storage or other designated areas. · Sorts and places materials or items on racks, shelves or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, and color or product code. · Fills requisitions, work orders or requests for materials, tools or other stock items and distributes items to production workers or assembly line.
· Assembles customer orders from stock and places orders on pallets or shelves or conveys orders to packing station or shipping department. · Marks materials with identifying information. · Opens bales, crates or other containers.
· Records amount of materials or items received or distributed. · Counts items for distribution within plant to ensure conformance to company standards. · Arranges stock parts in specified sequence for assembly.
· Writes reports on daily sheet to maintain records. · Drives forklift to transport stored items from warehouse to plant to pick up items from several locations for shipment. · Completes requisition forms to order material when stock level is low.
· Maintains location inventory records. · Consistently deliver the best in customer service. As an employee, demonstrate respect, dignity, kindness and empathy in each encounter with customers, visitors and other employees.
· Champion RSI's mission, vision and values; comply with the policies and procedures, ethical standards and code of conduct set forth by the company. III. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED: Education: Less than High School Education Experience: 6 months of related experience or training or equivalent Skills: Ability to lift up to 25 lbs Ability to comprehend and follow instructions Ability to work independently and in a team work environment Ability to work in a fast-paced, often changing environment Ability to properly assess and prioritize tasks Ability to read and write and perform simple mathematics IV.
RESPONSIBILITY AND AUTHORITY: Equipment: Electric Forklift , Stand-up Forklift, Sit-down Forklift (Reach, Cherry Picker is a PLUS) V. PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION: Typical Working Conditions: Manufacturing warehouse environment with occasional temperature changes and humidity. Constant noise in atmospheric conditions with frequent vibrations Working around equipment and machinery Essential Physical Tasks: Frequent standing, walking, reaching, and feeling Occasionally required to talk, hear, push, pull, grasp, and bend Required to constantly lift and move up to 25 lbs Occasionally required to move up to 50 lbs This job description is only meant to be a representative summary of the major responsibilities and accountabilities performed by the incumbents of this job.
The incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those in this description.
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at American Woodmark