2163 - Distribution Solutions Project Manager
The Distribution Solutions Project Manager will contribute to the implementation of strategic initiatives, analyzing performance, identifying issues and developing recommendations to remove barriers that can hinder Distribution operations from meeting or exceeding performance expectations. This position will also lead/partner with cross-functional teams to continuously improve service levels and reduce cost.
- Drives Distribution process transformation through identifying, prioritizing, and implementing improvement opportunities to align with strategic initiatives focused on customer service, efficiency improvements, cost reduction and elimination of complexity
- Identifies areas of opportunity using data collection, completes assessments, determines performance gaps and surveys reporting methods in order to monitor and improve performance
- Plans, coordinates and contributes to cross-functional teams and leads projects as assigned
- Champions Distribution Operations support and training for WMS / ERP systems
- Communicates and operates as a WMS super user to standardize where applicable and implement enhancements
- Works directly with Manufacturing, Sales and Customers to establish joint opportunities for service, cost and quality improvements, and operates as a Super User in all customer TMS and Load Planning systems
- Interfaces with IT for all operational procedural changes and enhancements as it applies to technologies in the DC's (Computer hardware, scanning, networking, wireless and software application requirements.)
- Interfaces with Corporate Finance and Supply Chain Services Leadership to assist with translation of AWC business/financial strategy into operational goals with visible metrics
- Proactively identifies additional cost reduction/performance improvement opportunities through potential synergies between the legacy operations of the organization
- Effectively communicates ideas both verbally and in writing, including the ability to clearly explain analytical or technical topics to an audience who may or may not be familiar with the subject matter
- Promotes decision-making by attending meetings for and acting on behalf of Supply Chain Solutions leadership and connects the dots across the organization for improved alignment and engagement
- Participates in taking actions to meet departmental scorecard goals
- Performs other tasks as directed by the Director of Distribution and other departmental management
- Insures compliance with all company & departmental policies and procedures, ethical standards and codes of conduct at all times
- Promotes the AWC C.I.T.E. Principles
Will not have direct reports.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required.
Education, Experience and Skills
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field preferred but not required with applicable experience in Distribution Management role
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a Distribution or Supply Chain role with a Bachelor's Degree in related field
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in Distribution or Supply Chain role without a degree
- Project management experience and the ability to balance workload and resources to meet established deadlines
- Proficiency in MS Office, Oracle ERP platform and Warehouse Management Systems preferred
- Work habits must be consistent with and support the current AWC Vision and CITE principles. Must be able to work independently with moderate supervision
Ability to effectively participate on cross-functional teams and initiatives within the organization.
Typical office environment where the noise level is usually moderate. Occasional out-of-town travel is required, typically to a manufacturing plant where the individual must adhere to safety rules and regulations.