Hospice Nurse RN
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
About our company:
American Veterans Hospice is locally operated and owned by a Veteran. Our Agency is dedicated to providing the highest quality care to all patients and the most rewarding experience to all team members. We serve those who are in the final stages of their journey while honoring their life. We are searching for in home hospice experienced RNs with opportunities to grow to full time positions.
- Performs initial comprehensive assessments, Recertifications, and plan of care for assigned patients at end of life
- Assesses and provides patient and family/caregiver education and information pertinent to diagnosis and self-plan of care
- Establishes plan of care while collaborating and communicating with the Interdisciplinary Team including physician when appropriate
- Coordinates all hospice services provided to patients/families in all settings to ensure quality of care
- Coordinates and directs care team on patient care, ownership of onsite quality checks including supervisory visits
- Oversight of patient documentation and orders to ensure patient awareness and COC
- Adheres to Infection Control policies and procedures
- Provides direct patient care as defined in State Nurse Practice Act, including specialized duties related to end of life care, lead care team for the patients assigned
- Provides appropriate pain/symptom management; evaluates and communicates patient’s response to treatments/medications including changes in conditions
- Provides accurate and timely EMR documentation of patient services to reflect the plan of care
- Medication and supplies oversight and inventory management with care team
- Participates in personal and professional growth and development as offered by the organization; participates in organization’s quality assessments performance improvement teams and activities
Qualifications/ Position Requirements
- Registered Nurse with valid CA state license with no restrictions
- Minimum one year of hospice experience
- Understanding of hospice philosophy and needs of the terminally ill
- Encompasses highest Standard of Excellence approach with documentation
- Demonstrates good verbal and written communication, and organization skills
- Experience with Electronic Medical Record software required (Hospice MD a plus)
- Self-directed with ability to work with little supervision, proactive nursing approach
- Current Physical and BLS, negative TB test results
- Participation in an employment work physical, if not taken one in last 6 months
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Valid driver’s license, auto insurance, reliable transportation and willingness to drive to patients place of residence
Our Agency is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
American Veterans HospiceWhy Work Here?
Military owned and operated organization that takes care of our Staff as they care for our Military Veterans and Seniors.
American Veterans Hospice is a Veteran Owned Hospice agency. We take care of those who so valiantly served our Country and we serve Seniors who have contributed greatly to our society.