The social media coordinator will be responsible for creating a multi-channel strategy and actively managing the school's social channels. Reporting to the assistant director & campaign manager and working closely with the content marketing coordinator, the social media coordinator will implement a comprehensive plan to drive interest and convert prospective students while also fostering relationships with current students and alumni. The coordinator will help with creating strategies and campaigns to increase brand awareness.
The social media coordinator will be responsible for daily posting of content and creating content. This individual will be responsible for maintaining a social media content calendar, collaborating with the overall Kogod content calendar, and choosing the right content to post at the right time and on the right channel to maximize interaction and engagement.
The ideal candidate is an expert on the latest social platforms, tools, and technologies. The individual will create engaging content and measure its effectiveness to update content plans. The individual will also implement processes to test and improve digital engagement.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- Coordinator/Analyst B
- Occasional evening and weekends
- Commensurate with experience
- Bachelor's degree in communications, marketing, journalism or related field
- 1-2 years of experience in marketing, communications, public relations, graphic design or online engagement/social media or related fields work or internship experience
- 2-4 years of relevant experience
- Familiarity with content management systems;
- Hiring offers for this position are contingent on the successful completion of a background check
- Strong attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and problem solve.
- Ability to work on multiple projects at a high level.
- Ability to work in fast-paced, collaborative environment and under tight deadlines.
- Must be proficient in Photoshop, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram; ability to learn new tools and software as required to fulfill the position's duties
- Editorial judgement skills
- Experience with project management tools, such as Wrike.
- Experience in photo, graphic, and video production and publishing.
- Ability to take photos and videos.
If you are a current full-time or part-time staff member at American University, please log into AsuccessfulUthrough the myAU portal. Once in AsuccessfulU, please select the Careers tile which will take you to our internal career page.
For more information or assistance with the American University careers site, email email@example.com.
American University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution that operates in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. The university does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, personal appearance, gender identity and expression, family responsibilities, political affiliation, source of income, veteran status, an individual's genetic information or any other bases under federal or local laws (collectively "Protected Bases") in its programs and activities.
Date: Aug 5, 2019
Location: Washington, DC, US, 20016
Company: American University
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC