With minimal supervision, plans, reviews, and supervises the accounting procedures and reporting (in one of three functional areas) of a large organization which has a complex accounting system.
- Indirectly supervises 1 Staff Accountants
This position reports directly to the University Accounting Manager.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- 35 hrs/week
- Sr Coordinator/Sr Analyst A
- Bachelor's degree in related field
- Three to five years' experience or combination of education and experience which demonstrates the necessary skills and abilities needed to perform the job
- Must have the ability to work independently
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Working experience either as an auditor of or accountant for a large non-profit organization
- Professional certification preferred.
- Hiring offers for this position are contingent on successful completion of a background check
If you are a current full-time or part-time staff member at American University, please log into AsuccessfulUthrough the myAU portal. Once in AsuccessfulU, please select the Careers tile which will take you to our internal career page.
For more information or assistance with the American University careers site, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
American University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution that operates in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. The university does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, personal appearance, gender identity and expression, family responsibilities, political affiliation, source of income, veteran status, an individual's genetic information or any other bases under federal or local laws (collectively "Protected Bases") in its programs and activities.
Date: Aug 22, 2019
Location: DC, DC, US, 20016
Company: American University
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC