Part Time Graduate Student Audio Visual Technician
The Graduate Audio Visual Technician assists with the setup and operation of audiovisual equipment and support for in person and online classes and special events at the Katzen Arts Center. The Technician works directly with the Computer and Audio Services Coordinator, Senior Audio Visual Technician, Katzen Staff and Faculty. The Technician will, at times, work independently and make technical decisions that result in successfully run projects. The Technician also helps the office maintain staff presence by answering phone calls and emails for the Audio Visual Tech Office.
- Assisting with classroom and event support, both in person and virtually.
- Working closely with faculty and staff to support online events, including music, dance and theater performances.
- Supporting AU Museum events, gallery talks and lectures, both in person and virtually.
- Recording and tracking AV requests from Faculty, Staff and Students.
- Testing AV equipment and replacing defective or malfunctioning parts as needed.
- Assisting with Abramson Family Recital Hall, Studio Theater, and Dance Studio productions.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- Position hours will vary week to week, depending on events.
- Require Partial Presence On Campus (mix of on-campus and remote work).
Required Education and Experience
- A Bachelor's Degree or its equivalent is required.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Previous AV experience or a background in audio technology or visual media.
- Virtual live event production and software, Zoom, YouTube, OBS.
- Familiarity with Mac and PC computers, Blu-Ray players, projection systems, PA systems, video cameras, digital audio recorders, as well as basic and advanced control systems.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Excellent customer service, organization, communication, and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of audio and video recording techniques, and a basic understanding of signal flow for both audio and video.
- Working knowledge of Mac and PC computers.
- Working knowledge of virtual classes and streaming platforms.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision.
- Understanding of live sound, wireless microphones and PA systems.
American UniversityWashington, DC
Arts and Entertainment
Get fresh Part Time Graduate Student Audio Visual Technician jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.