LARE Institute a branch of American Training is seeking a full-time enthusiastic Computer Instructor to join our growing company.
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Must provide extraordinary customer service.
- Presents program information, individually or in groups, to interested parties.
- Instructs Computer Application Skills inclusive of :
- Keyboarding/typing skills
- NRF Customer Service and Sales
- Windows File Management
- MS Word, MS Excel, Access, PowerPoint and QuickBooks,
- Office procedures and business communications.
- Prepares students for the certification exams.
- Coordinates and schedules students for certification exams.
- Installs, configures and manages the Pearson Test Center environment.
- Assists in developing Advisory Board with Job Developer.
- Schedules and participates in Advisory Board meetings.
- Develops, maintains, and updates curriculum to meet evolving standards in the business industry.
- Maintains a current working knowledge of relevant practices and software applications used in business world.
- Implements WOW! Magic Principles when teaching.
- Takes initiative in developing new and more effective ways to deliver services.
- Maintains continuing education units as required for licenses and/or certifications
- Maintains current licensure and/or certifications in relevant areas.
- Documents daily attendance.
- Completes and reviews monthly progress reports with students and obtains students signature
- Maintains student files, including but not limited to:
- Attendance records
- Monthly progress reports
- Homework, quizzes, tests
- Certifications (scores & copies of certificates)
- Ensures all required reports are completed and submitted on-time.
- Creates and prepares lesson plans.
- Monitors and documents student progress throughout the course and advise student and Career Advisor on student’s progress.
- Researches and solicits price quotation on lease/purchase of computer equipment and computer peripherals when requested.
- Requisitions all books and necessary training material and equipment through the Program Director.
- Meets with Career Advisors, Job Developer, and Program Director regarding student progress and program development.
- Assists Site Coordinator/Program Director with proposal writing and program-related tasks as needed.
- Assists VP/Program Director/Site Coordinator with any assigned tasks.
- Assists with job placement of Students.
- Provides support to end users.
- Plans and implements software and hardware migrations and upgrade.
- Troubleshoots network and printing related issues (Active Directory, DNS, Group Policy, etc.)
- Manages network security (antivirus software, net monitor, etc.)
- Attends all required trainings and meetings.
- Demonstrates a professional image and attitude at all times.
- Ensures the facility is kept clean at all times
Requirements for this position:
- A.S. or B.S. degree or Training program certificate
- Microsoft Office Specialist Certifications 2016
- Minimum 5 years' experience related computer applications experience
- Strong technical skills and expert knowledge of various computer hardware and software, including PCs, Macs, and tablets
- Must be approved from the MA Department of Professional Licensure
- Ability to manage multiple assignments simultaneously
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Bilingual Preferred
What is the LARE Institute?
LARE Institute is a Private Occupational School branch of American Training with state, global, and industry-recognized certifications in Allied Health Care, Business, Trade and Education Programs. This award-winning center has been operating for more than 35 years and is licensed by the MA Division of Professional Licensure, Office of Private Occupational School Education. It’s a school with a fun and “family-oriented” approach to learning. Our programs are taught by extraordinary instructors in state-of-the-art facilities – and we need you to join our team!
LARE Institute offers a competitive benefits package including medical and dental insurance, generous paid time off, paid holidays, a dynamic, fun work environment, and much more!**