The purpose for this position is to oversee the front desk reception area and assist with administrative functions to the operations department.
The Office Assistant will oversee and establish the flow of the front office in assisting or directing guests, answering or forwarding incoming calls, receiving and sorting mail, packages and preparing mail for pick up. The Office Assistant will on occasion assist in the setting-up for company meetings and events. You will assist the operations department with great administrative work by accurately creating reports and effectively communicating verbally or via email.
In this role you will be able to grow with the company and position.
- Cover the front desk intercom/ phone calls giving access to visitor entrance to the plant.
- Greeting and assisting guests
- Assure all guests are signed in and identified
- Support production with customer service manager's on requests to customer's needs.
- Running reports on MCC as well as data entry to the system
- Helping on the data entry on PO’s received.
- Answer phone inquiries, direct calls and provide proper information to general public.
- Perform clerical duties: File, take memos, organize documents, coordinate and schedule meetings and manage calendars as needed
- Utilizing Microsoft products to effectively communicate via email and input data.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- AA degree or work in progress a plus
- 1 to 2 years’ experience is preferred
- Knowledgeable in: Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Microsoft Word.
- Detail oriented.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Bilingual (Spanish and English)
- Customer service aptitude
- Proactive and self-driven
- Filing/document management
- Flexibility to day to day tasks
- Analytical Ability in problem solving
- Use of scanners, computer, copiers, monitors.