Position: Maintenance Mechanics
Job type: Full time, hourly (non-exempt)
Pay Rate: $16.00-$25.00 DOE
Union: Local 52
Job Summary: This position is responsible but not limited to new Installs, repairing and maintaining plant equipment and property as directed by the Chief Engineer. Maintaining inventory supplies and preparing maintenance records. Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, to engineering specifications.
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Removes defective parts by dismantling devices; using hoists and hand and power tools; examining form and texture of parts.
- Determines changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts; using rules, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments by using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs, and straightedges.
- Controls downtime by informing production workers of routine preventive maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance.
- Fabricates repair parts by using machine shop instrumentation and equipment.
- Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt.
- Conserves maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Prepares mechanical maintenance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Morning start-up and/or evening shutdown of all equipment including the boilers, pumps/tanks/valves, air compressors, water softeners, soil systems, conveyor systems, tunnel washers, conventional washers , dryers, feeder/ironer/folder systems, small piece folders, steam tunnels, cart washers and all other plant equipment
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Boiler certification
- Must be able to read, write and communicate effectively.
- Basic computer skills
- Experience working on machinery, Electrical, plumbing, welding, carpentry and boiler applications.
- Ability to trouble shoot from operation manuals, manufactures instruction electrical schematics at a basic level.
- Must have hand tools and power tool experience.
- Must be able to walk or stand for long periods at a time during a full time shift.
- Handling the maintenance task of stooping, pulling, or pushing and working in cramped spaces.
- Be able to lift, push or pull 50 lbs. or more.
Working conditions: Some exposure to extreme degrees of heat, noise, dust and dirt.