Position: Maintenance Mechanic
Job type: Full time, hourly (non-exempt)
Schedule Days: Monday-Friday with Saturday OT
Time: 6:00am-2:30pm with possibility of OT
Job Description: Installing, repairing and maintaining plant equipment and property as directed by the Chief Engineer. Maintaining inventory supplies and preparing maintenance records.
Responsibilities: Responsible for but not limited to morning start-up and/or evening shutdown of all equipment including the Boilers, Pumps/Tanks/Valves, Air Compressors, Water Softeners, Soil systems, Conveyor systems, Tunnel Washers, Conventional Washers , Dryers, Feeder/Ironer/Folder systems, Small Piece Folders, Steam Tunnels, Cart Washers and all other plant equipment. Responsible for supervising and assisting the daily in-house trouble calls, record taking as well as coordinate and participate in scheduled preventive maintenance of all plant equipment and facility needs.
Responsible for all utilities including: Power, Gas, Incoming Water and Waste water on his or her shift.
May include acting as a first responder in all emergency situations in assessing building and machinery systems.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Must be able to read, write and communicate in English. Bilingual is a plus.
- Must have basic computer skills.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must have basic knowledge of Machinery, Electricity, Electronics, Plumbing, Welding, Carpentry and Boiler applications
- Able to manage multiple tasks and priorities and easily adapt to changing situations.
- Ability to read and trouble shoot from operations manuals, manufacture’s instruction, electrical schematics at basic level
- Must have basic hand tools- sockets, wrenches, screwdrivers, multi meter, etc.
- Open to and able to work day shifts, night shifts and weekends and willing to rotate shifts depending on company needs.
- Must comply with all company safety rules and policies.
- Valid CA driver license
Physical Requirements: Requires standing or moving through the plant during the work day. Handling the maintenance tasks will require some stooping, pulling, pushing and working in cramped areas. Must be able to lift 50 pounds or more.
Working conditions: Some exposure to extreme degrees of heat, noise, dust and dirt.