Asbestos Waste Driver
- Posted: over a month ago
ATI Restoration LLC is a national leader in construction restoration. ATI takes pride in assisting all of our customers and clients -- no project is too big or too small. As a part of our national expansion efforts, we are adding to our teams. We have immediate openings for a Hazmat Driver Technician in our San Diego office.
The Environmental Field Worker/Laborer is responsible for working with asbestos, mold, lead, and/or other hazardous waste removals while adhering to company policies and procedures regarding remediation. The individual will also adhere to EPA, OSHA, and local requirements regarding safety, hazardous materials handling, etc. The individual will participate in occasional industry training, update certifications, and maintain fitness levels as required for the Environmental industry. Other qualifications and responsibilities might arise as deemed necessary by circumstances.
Duties May Include:
Hazardous material containment and clean-up
Healthcare Facility bio-hazard clean-up
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Travel to various job sites to transport equipment and materials, including disposal
- Perform routed pickups for waste/materials of all types and hazards
- Assist with debris removal from Jobsite to truck
- Comfortable with all environments including hot, cold or small confined spaces
- Daily processing of chemicals and hazardous materials
- Safe operation of company equipment at all times
- Be able to lift and carry up to 50lbs unassisted
- Flexible with a schedule that can change daily, including on-call response
- Ability to respond to company needs with24 hour notice
- Minimum of 2 years' experience operating commercial vehicles or in the environmental/hazardous waste industry
- Hazardous Materials Endorsement
- Pass pre-employment physical, respirator fit-test, and drug screening
- Valid CA Commercial Class C Driver's license or greater
- HAZMAT endorsement
- 40 Hour HAZWOPER training preferred, but not required
- Must demonstrate an understanding of safe work practices involving lead, asbestos, and biohazard wastes
- Ability to operate a forklift with proper training
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, color, sex (including childbirth, breastfeeding, and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, uniform service member and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, age, protected medical condition, genetic information, disability or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws. This policy extends to all aspects of our employment practices, including but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, discipline, termination, promotions, transfers, compensation, benefits, training, leaves of absence, and other terms and conditions of employment.
American Technologies Inc.
AddressSan Diego, CA
Energy and EnvironmentView all jobs at American Technologies Inc.
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?