Please read the job description in full before applying. Planned Giving experience is a must!
The American Technion Society (ATS) supports visionary education and world-changing impact through the Technion-Israel Institute of Technology. Based in New York City, we represent thousands of US donors, alumni and stakeholders who invest in the Technion’s growth and innovation to advance critical research and technologies that serve the State of Israel and the global good. Over more than 75 years, our nationwide supporter network has funded new Technion scholarships, research, labs and facilities that have helped deliver world-changing contributions and extend Technion education to campuses on three continents.
ATS employs a staff of 70 + that work from New York and in regional offices across the United States.
The Planned Giving Office provides information and expertise on the full array of planned gifts to internal and external clients. The department generates planned gifts nationwide and is committed to a donor-centric approach to development. The Planned Giving Coordinator will support the fundraising programs and activities of the Planned Giving Team. The coordinator will work with the frontline fundraising staff, donors, volunteers, and internal staff to assist in establishing and maintaining relationships with all constituencies across the country.
In creating a culture of heightened awareness of planned giving as a desirable funding option, the planned giving department is a key contributor to the long term strategic fundraising initiatives of ATS. Therefore, the Planned Giving Coordinator will focus on four areas: estate administration, planned gift administration, stewardship and marketing.
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Responsible for the administration of all estate gifts.
· Work closely with attorneys and personal representatives on estate documents.
· Manage accuracy of reporting on bequests using Raisers Edge and prepare reports on estate gift activity on a periodic basis.
· Maintain and update estate files and records.
Gift Planning Administration
· Manage the planned gift processing.
· Open and close deferred gifts and track gifts on Raisers Edge.
· Prepare gift documentation for donor visits including proposals, gift agreements, and bequest letters.
· Enhance relationships with the Finance Office involving life income gifts, overseeing income payments and providing information for tax reporting.
· Oversee distributions for planned and estate gifts to make sure that gifts are correctly made, arrive on time and funds are allocated to their intended purposes.
· Support team through reporting on activity, pipeline, and revenue for planned gifts and estates.
· Analyze current and recommend/implement changes to systems of tracking and storage of donor information.
· Oversee acknowledgements of all planned gifts and bequests. Ensure that all planned gifts are properly acknowledged. Collaborate with the Donor Relations department.
· Assist the team on building and branding a strong legacy program.
· Prepare reports and presentations on planned gift activity for leadership council and planned giving committee meetings.
· Work with the programming team on creating regional events to cultivate new donors and steward existing donors.
Marketing and Communications:
· Assist with the publication and production of new planned giving materials for internal and external audiences.
· In partnership with the Data Analytics team, research new prospects with the goal of developing the planned giving pipeline.
· Bachelor’s degree and/or its equivalent required.
· Minimum of 5 years experience from any of the following: a non-profit, banking, financial services, paralegal in a trust and estates department of a law firm.
· Familiarity with bequest or gift administration. Related experience in trust administration or financial services would be considered.
· Highly proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Mac background a plus. Blackbaud/Raiser’s Edge database experience preferred (training will be provided).
· Able to prioritize, manage and organize multiple projects simultaneously with attention to a high level of detail. Able to problem solve, analyze information and meet deadlines.
· Excellent organizational, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, including active listening skills.
· Ability to work in a dynamic team environment with a demonstrated ability to effectively partner with a diverse group of stakeholders, while exercising independent decision-making and discretion.
· Commitment to customer service, professionalism and ability to deal with sensitive information in a discrete and confidential manner.
· Commitment to the vision and mission of the ATS.
The salary range is $55,000 - $65,000, depending upon prior relevant experience. ATS offers a generous benefits package.
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume and a one-page cover letter demonstrating your interest in this position via this link: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=ats&ccId=19000101_000001&type=MP&lang=en_US