Customer Service Coordinator – Vegetables & Export
This is a Full time Hourly Position, Monday – Friday, 8 am – 5 pm
Located in Salinas, CA and reporting to the Customer Service Manager
The Customer Service Coordinator attracts potential export customers by answering product and service questions, suggesting information about other seed products and services. Processes orders, prepares correspondences and fulfills customer needs to ensure customer satisfaction. The Customer Service Coordinator will work closely with all internal departments to successfully provide outstanding customer service to improve customer satisfaction and relationships.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Handle and resolve customer complaints/inquiries via e-mail or phone in a timely and accurate manner
- Assist in order fulfillment activities such as taking orders, giving pricing information, determining appropriate shipping methods, routes and rates, etc.
- Monitor product order shipments to ensure on-time delivery to customers
- Alert customers to shipping and flow issues in advance; including crop situations after review of crop production
- Provide price and cost proposals in response to customer’s requests
- Maintain competent understanding of company’s products, their functions and alternatives
- Coordinate, analyze and improve customer service functions to meet company goals
- Maintain database of customer sales order and invoicing records
- Provide seed information (tech sheets, catalog info) as requested by customers
- Receive sample requests for sample processing and assign batches
- Schedule treatment and packaging for orders
- Process ATI sales orders to invoicing stage for freight collect orders or add shipping costs & tracking information to invoices and send to customers
- Fill out Phytosanitary applications (original or re-export) and notify the county agent to inspect the documents
- Create Certificates of Origin and take to the Chamber of Commerce for signature
- Send export document packets (necessary docs) to customers in advance of shipping in order to facilitate import permit applications by the customer
- Assist in Special Projects such as CA Spring trials and field trials
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Performs other duties as requirement by management
Skills, Qualifications and Education
- Three years of experience in Customer Service, preferably in the Seed Industry or related fields or a minimum AA or AS in Agriculture, Business or a related major such as Logistics, etc. or demonstrated ability to perform essential job functions
- Excellent communication skills through oral presentations and written reports in English and Spanish
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point
- Proven ability to solve challenging problems and work with minimal direction while adapting to changing priorities
- Ability to develop and maintain good working relationship with internal and external customers
- Express confidence and professionalism with all cross functional teams, internally and externally
- Strong organizational skills and able to work effectively under pressure in a rapid paced environment, prioritize tasks, meet multiple deadlines and accurately complete tasks within given timelines
- Be insurable with a valid CA driver’s license
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to stand and/or sit for long periods of time, and periodically lift up to 25 pounds
- Work is performed in a standard office environment and in front of a computer monitor, and may include farm and warehouse visits which may include cold, wet, hot, dusty and humid conditions
- Ascertain that all safety rules and regulations are followed in a complete and appropriate manner
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and other duties as assigned.
American Takii, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status not listed here.