Entry Level Accountant
American Surgical Professionals (“ASP or the “Company”) is a rapidly growing provider of professional surgical and clinical services to patients, surgeons, and healthcare institutions in the Southwest, North Central and Mid-Atlantic regions in the United States. The Company’s high-quality services result in benefits for patients, hospitals, surgeons, and healthcare institutions without compromising the quality of service.
The position of Entry Level Accountant will provide accounting, accounts payable and payroll support to the Controller, Senior Accountant, and Human Resource Director. This full-time position is based in our Houston corporate offices and will report directly to the Company’s Controller.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Key invoices into the accounts payable system daily and produce checks weekly
2. Deposit all checks via remote scanning daily
3. Post cash receivables and run accounts receivable reports as needed
4. Complete and key general journal entries as assigned
5. Complete bank and credit card reconciliations as assigned
6. Assist in the monthly accounting close process
7. Assist with the annual audit and tax returns as assigned
8. Perform general office duties such as data entry, filing and scanning of entries
9. Assist Human Resource Director as assigned
10. Complete other duties as assigned
1. B.A. Accounting, Business, Economics and/or Finance required
2. Healthcare experience a plus
3. High degree of accuracy and meticulous attention to detail
4. Strong speaking and written communication skills
5. Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines and contribute to a positive team environment
6. Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications with an emphasis on Microsoft Office, including Excel and Word. Experience with accounting software.
We offer a generous benefits package including Vacation time, Paid Holidays, 401k, and
nationally ranked and top-rated corporate MEDICAL, PRESCRIPTION DRUG, VISION & DENTAL, LIFE and DISABILITY Insurance plans.
If you are stressed out easily, don't apply. If honesty and integrity are not part of your core values, please do not apply. If you are reading this ad and feel confident about doing the job and are seeking a professional and caring work environment, then send us your resume and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org. Principals only. Recruiters, please do not contact this job poster. EOE.
ASP was founded as an employee-friendly company from the first day of business more than 20 years ago. Our founders recognized at an early stage that our employees are the foundation of success within the company. Because of this, we can guarantee that your skills and knowledge will be utilized to their full potential.
As the largest and most trusted name in first assisting in the United States for over 20 years, American Surgical Professionals offers everything a career employee could want.
American Surgical Professionals
Why Work Here?At American Surgical Professionals (ASP), you will find opportunities, challenges, innovation and compassion. Our main focus is to provide only the highest level of care, while simultaneously being a cost-effective alternative solution to hospitals and physicians. This can only be provided through excellence in patient care, customer service and teamwork. ASP was founded as an employee-friendly company from the first day of business more than 20 years ago. Our founders recognized at an early stage that our employees are the foundation of success within the company. Because of this, we can guarantee that your skills and knowledge will be utilized to their full potential. As the largest and most trusted name in first assisting in the United States for over 20 years, American Surgical Professionals offers everything a career employee could want.
Partners for Improving Outcomes