American Striping Company specializes in pavement markings for new highway construction, CDOT, municipalities, and parking lots. We strive for great quality and exceptional customer service. Working at American Striping Company offers you the opportunity to help build a new organization, participate in comprehensive training and experience excellent career development opportunities. We have a strong emphasis on the individual growth and welfare of each of our team members.
We are looking for reliable, highly motivated and ambitious employees who meet our core values. We are currently seeking a Director of Operations to become an integral part of our team. The position is primarily responsible for driving employee productivity, operational efficiency & quality, customer service levels, employee retention and satisfaction by overseeing and managing operations within the product line.
Provide solid Project Team Management as follows:
- Demonstrates a commitment to communicating, improving and adhering to safety policies in all work environments and areas.
- Oversee daily company schedule to ensure proper equipment, personnel, and project needs are being met in a timely fashion
- Prepare and covers timely and accurate management reports, including “Jobs in Progress”
- Maintain communication with owners to monitor overall performance on a regular basis
- Oversee Estimator bids, review and approve before sending
- Oversee all inventory purchases made by approved personnel
- Visit all projects to review progress of project with respect to schedules, subcontractor and supplier performance, quality standards, safety control and Project Construction Team performance
- Provide direction and support to the PMs on major conflicts or changes associated with a project
- Ensure preconstruction meeting are conducted by you or PMs prior to the start of construction and that periodic meetings continue to occur as necessary.
- Maintain company vehicles in a clean, working condition, and drive in a safe manner at all time
- Demonstrate a dedication to developing strong interdepartmental relationships
- Accepts full responsibility for all staffing decisions (hiring, downsizing and firings) within the Construction Division; participate in weekly/monthly departmental and management planning sessions to adequately anticipate staff for short and long term needs
- Assign Project Managers (PM) to each project; assist the PM in the staffing for field employees
- Monitor each employee’s compliance with their job descriptions, responsibilities, and established goals in accordance with the company’s salary guidelines. Conduct annual salary administration survey; review mid-year performances.
- Develop, implement, and enforce specific departmental policies and procedures and required to maintain consistent and well documented guidelines in accordance with the goals and directions set forth by the Management Team
- Track and forecast operational trends and analysis
- Complete projects within budget and on schedule
- Oversee all equipment needs
- Create a culture of accountability within the organization and hold departments accountable to goals set at the beginning of the year
- Tracks hard and soft cost expenditures against project budgets and contracts
- Prioritize and lead key strategic initiatives that will improve build methods, reduce life-cycle costs, and ease maintenance burdens
- Assists in developing operations-related plans, budgets, and policies and procedures.
- Supervises employees, monitors activities and satisfies reporting requirements in accordance with Company's policies.
- Provides excellent customer service to internal and external customers by addressing issues, questions or concerns in a timely manner
- Responds to and maintains positive employer-employee relationships that contribute to satisfactory productivity, motivation and morale
- Responsible for attainment of revenue and profit goals for the area
- Help create training program for incoming and future employees
- Monitors operational effectiveness through analysis of Key Performance Indicators
- Help run the company and all its facets: operations, training, warehouse, materials, finance, equipment, personnel, and outside communication/marketing.
- Willingness to spend the hours needed to get processes in place.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree, with a preference in Pavement Markings, Construction, Engineering, or another related field
- 10+ years of experience in project management on multiple simultaneous construction administration projects
- Working knowledge of processes and procedures for construction administration, including scheduling, cost reporting, payment application process, and project status reporting
- Strong knowledge of construction materials, processes, and equipment
- Experienced computer skills
- Ability to read blueprints, structural drawings, and plan sets
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills
- Proven budget and contract management skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage concurrent projects simultaneously with a results-driven approach
- Highly developed verbal, written, and presentation communication skills with the ability to communicate with a wide variety of audiences
- Proven ability to build consensus and reconcile adverse points of view
- Bilingual is a plus
It is the policy of American Striping Company to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, American Striping will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with