Marketing Associate (Remote)
- Posted: over a month ago
The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) is looking for a motivated and creative professional to join our marketing team! The ideal candidate is a highly organized, tech-savvy self-starter who will collaborate with the marketing team to build and strategize new marketing campaigns.
This position can be fully remote. Our headquarters is located in Arlington Heights, IL.
WHAT THE MARKETING ASSOCIATE DOES
The Marketing Associate conceptualizes, writes and develops marketing materials including emails, print and digital advertising, social posts, web copy, brochures and more, sometimes dealing with medical procedural information, under tight deadlines and across multiple channels. The core function of this position is to work collaboratively to develop and implement the marketing strategy to successfully promote ASPS Membership, Governance, Publications and Advocacy initiatives as well as provide marketing support for the Americas Hernia Society. This associate also serves as the Marketing Department’s key internal resource in setting up and managing email templates and marketing automation programs for all plastic surgeon member marketing projects and generating and evaluating Marketo audience engagement reports. The associate collaborates with graphic designers and digital marketing/social media professionals and subject matter experts across the organization.
- Develop marketing strategies and integrated marketing plans for an array of distinct membership groups and programs.
- Serve as a department expert and resource in managing templates, automations and lists in Marketo.
- Write engaging, lively marketing copy under tight timelines and word count restrictions for a variety of media and audiences.
- Setup and deploy e-mail to appropriate constituent segments in the Marketo e-mail system, using department style guidelines and defined approval processes.
- Work independently and as part of a team.
- Maintain/establish style and branding guidelines.
- Manage and prioritize multiple projects under tight deadlines.
- Manage the project activity and foster collaboration of an interdisciplinary team of communications staff as well as external stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain detailed project plans that include tasks, milestones, dependencies, resources, and risks.
- Accurately proofread copy and maintain established organizational voice and style using AP Style Guidelines.
- Evaluate effectiveness of marketing campaigns using analytics and other methods.
- Perform routine administrative tasks in support of the marketing team as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
Bachelor's degree (journalism, advertising, marketing or mass communications, preferred)
- 3-5 years of experience in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment related to marketing or advertising.
- Strong skills in copyediting, proofreading, and writing required. Previous agency experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of the health care industry is beneficial, and a willingness and aptitude to learn more is vital.
- Expertise with email marketing automation is important, preferably using Marketo.
- Experience in SharePoint and Asana (collaboration tools), Aptify (association management software), or other customer-management systems is also helpful.
- Outstanding writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Strong project management skills working with multiple groups to gain buy-in and approvals
- Experience creating marketing and communications plans
- Flexible and adaptive to changing priorities
- Strong time-management skills
- Experience with email campaign coordination and execution using marketing automation or email marketing tools, preferably Marketo
- Digital marketing analysis
- Working knowledge of the marketing communication process – research, planning, promotion and evaluation
- Proficient w/Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Working knowledge of basic HTML, social media. Familiarity with AP Stylebook and/or Chicago Manual of Style are also required.
- Ability to build and maintain productive relationships with peers and cross-functional teams
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload to meet deadlines
*ASPS is an Equal Opportunity Employer*
American Society of Plastic Surgeons
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?