Executive Fellow in Assoc. Leadership and Mgmt.
American Society of Health-System Pharmacists Bethesda, MD
- Expired: November 11, 2020. Applications are no longer accepted.
JOB TITLE: ASHP Executive Fellow in Association Leadership and Management
REPORTS TO: Chief Operating Officer and Senior Vice President
APPLICANT INSTRUCTIONS:To be considered for this position, you must complete and submit the following by January 4, 2021:
* ASHP Application for Employment
* Curriculum Vitae
* Cover letter explaining your interest in the fellowship, future goals, and qualifications
* College transcripts
* Three (3) letters of recommendation are to be emailed to:
JOB SUMMARY:The Executive Fellowship is a paid 12-month program housed at ASHP Headquarters in Bethesda, Maryland, that provides fellow(s) with hands-on training in all facets of not-for-profit association leadership and management. For additional information including FAQs, please visit: [
AREA OF FOCUS:
* Executive Leadership and Governance
* Membership Recruitment and Retention
* Practice and Standards Development
* Marketing and Sales
* Strategic Planning
* Human Resources
* Public Relations
* Educational Program Development
* Information Technology
* Product and Program Development
* Conference and Convention Management
* Performs other duties as assigned
* Graduate of an ACPE-accredited school of pharmacy
* Eligible for licensure to practice pharmacy in a U.S. state or territory
* Completion of an ASHP-accredited residency preferred
* Strong involvement as a volunteer leader.
* Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
* High level of motivation, adaptability, and emotional intelligence.
* Ability to effectively work on cross functional teams.
* Excellent organizational and project management skills.
* Strong foundational understanding of pharmacy practice issues.
* Proficiency in Windows-based computer applications and function specific applications, along with familiarity with accessing resources on the web and conducting literature search.