Chief Information and Digital Strategy Officer
- Expired: January 13, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
The American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE), the nation's largest and most dynamic nonprofit civil engineering organization, is currently searching for an experienced IT and web professional to lead planning, development, tracking, reporting, and execution of its digital strategy across all aspects of a large membership organization.
ASCE ( ), with 150K+ individual members, is a nonprofit professional membership association dedicated to the advancement of civil engineering in order to serve the public good. To accomplish ASCE's mission, ASCE staff works together as a team, based on a foundation of trust, striving for individual and organizational excellence. To achieve our shared goals, we maintain a relentless focus on members and a commitment to continuously grow and improve individually and collectively.
This position is a member of our Senior Leadership Team and participates in establishing governance processes of direction and control to ensure that objectives are achieved, risks are managed appropriately, and the organization's resources are used responsibly.
- Directing the development and execution of the organization's Digital Strategy.
- Leading strategic planning to achieve business goals by identifying and prioritizing development initiatives and setting timetables for the evaluation, development, and deployment of all IT and web-based services
- Leading the execution of technology strategy for network infrastructure, technology platforms, enterprise and desktop applications, hardware, and security
- Leading the IT and Web teams, determining workload, delegating assignments, training, monitoring, and evaluating individual and team performance
- Establishing IT policies, standards, and procedures for the organization that support efficient operations and effective business operations
- Ensuring availability of core business systems
- Establishing technical standards and ensuring adherence for product development and organization operations
- Ensuring the security, privacy, and regulatory compliance of all IT systems, including mobile and portable technology
- Auditing and reviewing systems and practices to ensure compliance with procedures, regulations, and standards
- Evaluating software and hardware systems and products for possible purchase and/or licensing.
- Determining the resources needed to plan for and implement IT and web applications; understanding business needs and operations; discussing requirements with end users; and providing recommendations to users to help them understand potential limitations and challenges
- Identifying technology trends and evolving social behavior that may support or impede the success of the business
- In partnership with the senior leadership team, identifying new and emerging opportunities and risks for delivering the company's services, including identification of competitive services, opportunities for innovation, and assessment of marketplace obstacles and technical hurdles to the business success.
Ideal candidates will have:
- A 4-year college/university degree in information technology, systems, or related field (advanced business degree and/or experience preferred)
- 15 - 20 years of IT and website experience, including significant CIO/CTO leadership responsibilities for a large commercial or membership enterprise
- Experience successfully managing technology in organizations going through technology changes
- Exceptional skills in project management, system analysis, system development, architecture, and foundational technologies such as networking, communications, system platforms, etc.
- Demonstrated expertise in facilitating the process of clarifying organizational strategies and translating them into appropriate technology applications
- Demonstrated ability to build, motivate and lead effective teams of IT professionals
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills and effective working relationships, strong leadership, and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated success communicating via both the written and spoken word
- Experience building and managing a complex, sophisticated, and fully functional network infrastructure, in a Microsoft .NET environment and web infrastructure
- Knowledge of web standards
- Experience with UNIX system administration and web server configuration
ASCE is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates including historically excluded individuals, protected veterans, women, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
This position has hybrid work-from-home flexibility.
For consideration, submissions of interest must contain a resume and cover letter with salary requirements.
American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE)
Get fresh Chief Digital Officer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.