- Posted: over a month ago
- $75,000 to $85,000 Yearly
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
Title: Communications Director
Salary: Commensurate with experience
The American School of Classical Studies at Athens (ASCSA), a non-profit overseas research institution, is seeking an energetic and experienced individual to lead communication efforts for the School from the U.S. With an administrative base in Princeton, NJ and a campus in Athens, the American School is one of the leading American research and teaching institutions in Greece, dedicated to the advanced study of all aspects of Greek culture, from antiquity to the present. The ASCSA offers a pleasant, energetic environment with dedicated professionals.
The Communications Director will support the School’s leadership to cultivate and enhance meaningful relationships with targeted, high-level external audiences, including the media, public officials, donors and other key influencers.
The Director must be able to work under tight deadlines to 1) execute advanced graphic designs - from concept to final publication or production. 2) assist in managing the design of an array of collateral material for publications, like newsletters, brochures, etc. along with web projects, events, and three-dimensional installations such as signage. This position also requires senior level writing and editing skills which can articulate ideas with clarity and vision. This position will be essential to strengthening the brand identity of the School across a wide range of key stakeholder audiences.
Principal activities will include:
· Excellent design skills
· Advanced level graphic and web design software including an advanced knowledge of InDesign, Photoshop, and Adobe Creative Suite
· Knowledge of current visual design trends and techniques
· Understanding of digital production for web, email newsletters, and corporate documents
· Photo editing, masking, hi-res production
· Ability to propose elegant design solutions under tight deadlines and shifting priorities
Writing, Proofreading and Editing
· Must possess excellent writing and editing skills.
· Prepare talking points, speeches, presentations and other supporting material as needed by the Executive Director
· In consultation with assigned staff, create, design and/or amend existing personalized funding proposals and other development materials that promote the work of the School and help drive fundraising.
· Oversee the continued development and use of the ASCSA brand throughout all printed materials and events.
· Oversee, and execute as needed, the development of electronic communications, and other strategic communications as outlined by the Executive Director
· Co-write, edit and design the annual report and our bi-annual newsletter
· Manage and execute email marketing strategies and develop content calendar
· Create invitations and PowerPoint slides, and assist with writing of the script for annual gala
Social Media/Content Management
The Communications Director will work collaboratively with the Manager of Digital Media / Webmaster in Athens as follows:
· to ensure that all content being developed is accurate and closely matches the School’s branding guidelines.
· to develop and curate content thereby increasing audience engagement on social media channels
· to analyze social media channels, website performance, search engine optimization and develop strategic initiatives accordingly
· Actively pursue avenues to gain further public exposure for the School in an effort to build awareness
· A Bachelor’s Degree is required
· A minimum of 5 years of experience utilizing appropriate graphic design software
· Experience managing and executing across several communication media
· Excellent writing skills, required
· Experience with iContact email marketing and Google Analytics is preferred
· Social Medica experience with Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, preferred
· Good entrepreneurial work ethic
· Ability to prioritize and follow through effectively with limited direct supervision
· Must be able to multi-task and work quickly, independently and efficiently with great attention to detail
· Ability to travel domestically and internationally, as needed
Qualified candidates must submit a cover letter, including salary requirements, resume/CV, and a link to a digital portfolio of your graphic design content work as a part of your application documents. Review of cover letter, resume and portfolio will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
The American School of Classical Studies at Athens does not discriminate on the basis of race, age, sex, sexual orientation, color, religion, ethnic origin, or disability when considering admission to any form of membership or application for employment.
American School of Classical Studies at Athens
The American School of Classical Studies at Athens (ASCSA) is the oldest and largest U.S. overseas research center. A consortium of nearly 200 affiliated North American colleges and universities, the School provides graduate students and scholars a base for the advanced study of all aspects of Greek culture, from antiquity to the present day.
BusinessView all jobs at American School of Classical Studies at Athens