Digital Banking Specialist
American Riviera Bank Santa Barbara, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Are you experienced in digital banking and looking to apply those skills in a community bank environment? Consider joining the premier community bank on the Central Coast! In this position, you'll be providing a full range of technical and general support to customers regarding Retail and Business Online Banking, Mobile Deposit and Remote Deposit. You would be assisting customers in completing user registration, managing bill pay issues, providing technical support, and doing remote installations of Remote Deposit Capture. You'll also be managing daily processing and resolving client issues, while ensuring against potential fraudulent activity on client accounts.
Digital Banking Specialist II is a non-exempt position; receives limited supervision by the AVP, Digital Banking Officer; works along with other Digital Banking Specialists to cover various tasks within the department; assists with special projects and tasks for the Digital Banking area as directed; is reviewed for soundness of judgment, accuracy, meeting deadlines, and compliance.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Performs advanced or lead responsibilities including certain approvals for clearing exceptions and limit increases.
- Reviews transactions, for various payment types, detected by the systems for risk and fraud flags and anomalous activity; Investigates transactions and contacts customers to confirm validity prior to processing; escalates issues to management and prepares suspicious incident reports when applicable.
- Reviews ACH origination files for formatting errors detected by the ACH processing system, and proper use of limits; monitors file movements and ensures accuracy of totals.
- Reviews applications for cash management services; performs account underwriting and due diligence in preparation for the approval of service; Maintains proper agreements, builds user profiles, and establishes limits
- Completes installations for Remote Deposit Capture; manages supply of remote deposit scanners and equipment; maintains purchasing and pricing records of remote deposit scanners.
- Provides file import support and troubleshooting for Wire and ACH Originators.
- Provides support to Digital Banking team regarding routine telephone, email, and secure messaging requests for information regarding customer accounts and the Bank’s online banking products; responds to customer inquiries or complaints and forwards messages to the branches as appropriate, escalates to management when applicable; troubleshoots and resolves problems within given authority.
- Provides lead support to Digital Banking staff for client technical support; step by step instruction and support via telephone, e-mail, remotely, or in person for the Bank’s online banking system, Mobile Deposit, and Remote Deposit; assists customers with related requirements such as browser or security settings, overall product usage, and training.
- Acts as a lead for online banking wires and ACH services support; assists customers with originating payments, enter recipient data, and schedule recurring payments; process temporary or permanent changes to customer transaction limits.
- Directly responsible for the following functions, including but not limited to:
- Approves Bill Payment applications and provides client support.
- Reviews Mobile and Remote Deposit Capture items.
- Makes decisions on exception items within specified timeframes.
- Completes Positive Pay set up, review, and processing.
- Processes Transactions (i.e. Stop Payments, Check Orders, Address Changes)
- Completes Web-Statement enrollments
- Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works ethically and with integrity; upholds organizational values; accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Performs the position safely, without endangering the health or safety to themselves or others and will be expected to report potentially unsafe conditions. The employee shall comply with occupational safety and health standards and all rules, regulations and orders issued pursuant to the OSHA Act of 1970, which are applicable to one’s own actions and conduct.
- Comply with all bank policies and procedures and all applicable government regulations including, but not limited to Reg CC, Reg E, Reg D, UCC, NACHA Rules, staying current and knowledgeable of all policies, procedures and regulations related to the job functions and completing all assigned training on time, requesting additional training as needed to be proficient in all job responsibilities; cooperating with internal and external auditors and bank examiners by providing full cooperation and timely delivery of requested documentation and information; and reporting concerns about compliance to the Compliance Officer to enable prompt remediation.
- Comply with Bank policies and procedures relating to the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), and Anti Money Laundering (AML) and Office of Foreign Asset Control (OFAC) guidance. Report suspicious activity to the BSA Department through a Suspicious Incident Report (SIR).
- Adhere to privacy and information security policies, and ensure all sensitive internal and external customer information is properly secured and safeguarded. Use secure methods delivering client and/or confidential data by email.
These specifications are general guidelines based on the minimum experience normally considered essential to the satisfactory performance of this position. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to perform the position in a satisfactory manner. Individual abilities may result in some deviation from these guidelines.
- At least three years of progressively responsible applicable experience within a financial institution, including banking information systems and/or financial services products.
- Associate’s degree (AA) or equivalent from a college or technical trade school or other related experience and/or training. Educational experience, through in-house training sessions, formal school or financial industry related curriculum, should be applicable to the financial industry.
- Basic knowledge of related state and federal banking compliance regulations, Bank policies and procedures.
- Basic experience, knowledge and training in lending and operations activities and terminology.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, and technical procedures.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Intermediate skills in operation of Bank issued computer equipment; word processing, spreadsheets, MS Office, and specialty software programs.
- Intermediate keyboarding skills to meet production needs of the position.
- Intermediate math skills; ability to calculate interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages; balance accounts; add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals; locate routine mathematical errors; compute rate, ratio and percent, including the drafting and interpretation of bar graphs.
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions and instruct others, train personnel, write reports, correspondence and procedures, speak clearly to customers and employees.
- Ability to deal with complex problems involving multiple facets and variables in non-standardized situations.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision while performing duties.
American Riviera Bank
AddressSanta Barbara, CA
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at American Riviera Bank