American Rheinmetall Defense is actively seeking a team oriented Business Development and Strategy professional with substantial experience in the military vehicle systems sector including expert knowledge of military vehicle requirements development and procurement methods, as well as US government operations in the Washington arena. The ideal candidate will play a lead role in contributing to the growth of Rheinmetall entities in the United States.
This position will report directly to and support the Head of US Business in building a robust pipeline of opportunities, informing product development strategies, supporting capture efforts, building and maintaining key relationships with US government customers and identifying new business for Rheinmetall entities in the United States, among other duties. This position will provide support and be responsive to the needs and efforts of the leadership team at American Rheinmetall Vehicles.
· Develop and maintain long term opportunity pipelines across the vehicle systems sector including tactical wheeled vehicles and combat platform portfolios
· Support “Washington Operations” activities including monitoring developments in the US Congress and US Senate, and in key Pentagon offices across OSD and the military Services
· Develop engagement plans and stakeholder management activities in the Washington arena
· Regularly interface with customers to develop more informed knowledge of market activity and to market products and capabilities
· Develop and maintain key customer relationships to support Rheinmetall business efforts
· Work with customers to understand needs and requirements, and then identify and qualify new business opportunities stemming from this work
· Coordinate with team members on Proposal/Bid strategies
· Support all aspects of proposal planning, preparation, and submittal efforts
· Develop business cases with expected program costs and schedules for new business opportunities
· Identify strategic partners or industry groups to form teaming arrangements or partnerships in the pursuit of new business opportunities
· Support Program and Engineering teams in developing key program relationships
· Represent Rheinmetall and market products at industry trade shows and conferences
· Support the development of advertising and promotional concepts for products
· Provide customer/market insight into the product development cycle
· Assist in the development and presentation of key pursuits for capture
· Prepare and effectively present customer briefings
· Ability to travel up to 50% of the time. International travel required.
· Undertake other duties as determined by the Head of US Business or his/her delegate.
American Rheinmetall Defense (Reston, VA), is the parent company of all Rheinmetall Defence entities in the United States and operates as the US “Hub” enabling Rheinmetall businesses to deliver world class solutions to US government customers on the basis of US developed technologies and production and further pulling from an exceptional, next generation global intellectual property portfolio. Subsidiaries include American Rheinmetall Vehicles (Sterling Heights, MI), American Rheinmetall Munitions (Stafford, VA) and American Rheinmetall Systems (Biddeford, ME).
American Rheinmetall Defense