Database Administrator (DBA)
American Residential Warranty Boca Raton, FL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
American Residential Warranty (ARW) is nationally recognized as a leading innovator in home warranty services. Founded in 2008, with years of Home Warranty experience that empowers employees to use a start-up/entrepreneurial mentality to drive significant growth. A customer and employee centric company giving our customers peace of mind for their home service needs. Located in Boca Raton, FL we offer a fun, vibrant and flexible environment, complete with Bagel Mondays and Donut Friday’s. With our spirit of entrepreneurship, adaptability and our drive to go further, we provide the best customer service experience. Mutual respect and trust for our customers and clients is the heart of ARW and we strive to always deliver real value and exceptional service.
Visit our website for more details www.getahomeplan.com
ARW is looking for a hands-on DBA (Administrator/Architect) to join our Technology Team, in a critical role working closely with finance/accounting, data analytics and software development teams.
The ideal candidate will be able to design and build our data warehouse from the ground up, assist software development with the database & query optimization and perform a key role in facilitating access to data for financial and analytics teams.
- Perform database maintenance, updates and migrations.
- Monitoring the performance of hardware and software.
- Provide suggestions to optimizing performance, architecture and maintenance.
- Review and present potential enhancement tools to senior leadership.
- Perform backups, restores, transforms and loads.
- Administer monthly close process for metrics and financial results.
- MySQL/MariaDB required
- Knowledge of database structure languages, such as SQL, pgSQL, T-SQL or SQL/PSM.
- Knowledge of database design and theories.
- Familiarity with database management best practices.
- Knowledge of IT security best practices.
- ETL - Extracting and/or loading data.
- Validating/Authenticating data.
- AWS (RDS) experience.
- MongoDB experience.
- Structure/definition building of key metrics.
- Experience with Financial Systems data.
Preferred additional knowledge and experience:
- Experience with implementation/use of Essbase/Hyperion or like products.
- Data anonymization.
- Setting up cybersecurity measures.
- Data slicing.
- Scripting/Automation (Bash/Python/PHP/etc).
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Problem-solving and critical thinking.
- Ability to explain complex ideas in simple terms.
- Good multitasking abilities.
- Work with Data Analysts.
- Ability to work with data architects and other IT specialist to set up, maintain and monitor data networks.
- Experience with a variety of computer information systems.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors Degree and
- 3+ years as a lead database architect or administrator.
We are proud to partner with ADP TotalSource for payroll services which gives our employees access to top benefits and perks normally found only in large companies.
American Residential Warranty
American Residential Warranty (ARW), founded in 2008, is nationally recognized as a leading innovator in the Home Protection Services industry, and our focus of outstanding service and customer satisfaction is a core part of our success. With years of Home Warranty experience, top tier partners and plan administration by the affiliates of an A- rated insurance company (By AM Best), we are able provide top quality service to homeowners throughout all the United States. You can feel secure when you purchase a home warranty plan through ARW. We will be there when you need us! We need you to help us with our continued growth. We are proud to partner with ADP TotalSource for payroll services which gives our employees access to top benefits and perks normally found only in large companies. http://www.sun-sentinel.com/business/careers/fl-american-residential-boca-raton-20150220-story.html
AddressBoca Raton, FL