Engineer II Process
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Full-time, Salary Exempt (E52) commensurate with experience. Comprehensive Benefits including Health, Life Insurance, STD, 401(k) plan and more!
ARG is the oldest continuously operating refinery in North America dating back to 1881. Privately held, the employees and leadership pride themselves on offering competitive pay, generous benefits and a supportive culture of growth and learning. We are one of the few organizations that offer no-cost stock ownership in addition to traditional retirement benefits.
Scope & Responsibilities of Process Engineer II: (Not limited to)
- Monitors and improves efficiency of the process unit operations through the collection and analysis of process data and laboratory analysis.
- Assists in the compliance of safety standards such as OSHA 1910. Will include direct involvement in Process Hazards Analysis studies and Management of Change processes.
- Develops projects to assist the process department in eliminating process bottlenecks, operating more efficiently and safely and improve overall refinery profitability by optimizing unit operations and yields.
- Adopts concepts and processes related to project, change, process safety and quality management in support of strategic goals and objectives.
- Reviews process design for compliance with engineering principles, company standards, contact requirements and related equipment specifications.
- Coordinates activities concerned with technical developments, scheduling, and resolving engineering design and test problems.
- Serves on Area Business Team(s) to collaborate in the design, output and improvement of production units as needed.
Benefits Available to Process Engineer II:
- Health Insurance including Medical, Dental, Optical & Prescription
- Health Savings Accounts & Flexible-Spending Plans
- Life, Accident and Critical Illness Insurance Options
- Short & Long-term Disability Coverage
- Escalating Paid Vacation Plans
- Paid Holidays & Personal Days
- Education & Employee Assistance Plans
- Employee Stock Ownership & 401 (k) Plans
Education & Experience for Process Engineer II:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Chemical Engineering from accredited four-year program with minimum five (5+) years related work experience is required.
- Experience with solvent extraction process units, liquid/liquid extraction and base oil manufacturing is desirable.
- API, ASME certifications and general knowledge of oil refinery operations is preferred.
Other Qualifications of Process Engineer II:
- Must possess and retain valid motor vehicle driver’s license.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite of applications as well as other applicable software.
Physical & Cognitive Demands of Process Engineer II:
COGNITIVE DEMANDS: includes the ability to meet deadlines, focus attention, work independently or within a team, perform repetitive tasks, assess spatial relations, communicate effectively, read, and comprehend, interpret information, organize, think critically, and troubleshoot.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: seeing, speaking, hearing, smelling, kneeling, stooping, sitting, walk/climb/crawl, stand/reach, listen, writing, physical coordination, driving, climbing, twisting/bending, depth perception, assembling parts, keyboarding, push/pull/lift/carry or otherwise transport 25 pounds.
To see full job description, go to: https://www.amref.com/contact/careers/
This position, as well as every other position at American Refining Group, is required to conduct their work at a high level of safety and quality performance. We require our employees to adhere to safety policies and procedures and expect they will help and encourage colleagues to do so as well. Our goal is to strive for a Zero-Incident environment that is a benefit to our employees and community. Our commitment to safety is identified as one of our core values: “Safety is our Compass”. Employees are expected to understand and operate under current Process Safety Management guidelines in accordance with their role. Adherence to our Refinery Conduct of Operations in refinery and safety-sensitive functions is critical to our ongoing commitment to reliable operations.
American Refining Group, Inc. executes and maintains a Quality Management System to meet specified customer requirements for product performance, safety, and service. Employees are expected to understand and operate under ISO 9001 guidelines in executing the functions of their position. Our Quality Policy states, “American Refining Group, Inc. is dedicated to meeting customer expectations by managing risk through continuous improvement and operational excellence.”
ARG culture promotes ongoing training and mentoring that is intended to be a developmental partnership for all (employees are subject to ongoing performance reviews and feedback).
This is not a job bid - external recruiting is being conducted concurrently with internal posting. Applicant will be selected based on qualifications and a job interview; final selection will rest solely with the Company.
Qualified individuals must be able to perform essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodations.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; they are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities.
EEO Employer –ARG is committed to providing reasonable accommodation in our recruiting and employment practices. If assistance is needed to participate in the application or interview process, or to perform essential job functions, please contact Human Resources at 814-368-1392.
American Refining Group Inc.
Get fresh Process Development Engineer II jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.