- Expired: September 23, 2020. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Description: Trusts & Estates Paralegal
The American Red Cross seeks a highly motivated paralegal, preferably with trusts and estates experience, to join the legacies and bequests practice group in the Office of General Counsel. This team consists of one attorney and three other paralegals who oversee the organization's large and varied trusts and estates operations. The successful candidate will embrace collaboration and cooperation, possess intellectual curiosity and enthusiasm for taking on new challenges, and seek to help the organization to fulfill its humanitarian mission.
Responsibilities: The Paralegal's responsibilities will include:
- Managing the administration of a portfolio of gifts and bequests, including estates, from initial notice to close, including such tasks as reviewing and assessing estate accountings/financial statements, effectively maintaining a digital filing system, and processing of all funds;
- Representing the organization through the estate administration process in a courteous and professional manner, including working with outside counsel and participating in mediations and court conferences as appropriate;
- Opening and processing mail and scanning and filing pleadings, accountings and correspondence;
- Assisting with preparation of excel spreadsheet for daily deposit of distributions received; and
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Paralegal certificate (or bachelor's degree equivalent) with at least two years of paralegal experience required, and candidates experienced in trusts and estates administration strongly preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills, strong attention to detail, and the ability to exercise discretion are necessary.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite and standard office equipment required.
- Ability to quickly prioritize and manage an active workload, and to meet critical and sometimes competing deadlines required.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization offering its employee's professional development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit environment. To be considered for this position, please visit www.redcross.org/jobs to apply.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights
American Red Cross
LegalView all jobs at American Red Cross