IRL Medical Technician
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Come bring your passion for blood banking to support the life-saving mission of the American Red Cross Blood Services. We are looking for a full-time Technician to work in our St Louis Reference Lab.
This will be a day shift position with rotating on-call responsibilities.
1. May perform telephone consultation including receiving and completing orders for antigen negative products.
2. Maintain equipment, reagents and other stock to assure the quality and accuracy of laboratory test procedures. Ensure adequate inventory of required supplies and prepares reagents.
3. Perform duties associated with supply and reagent management to include ordering, receiving, inspection, preparation, and quality control of supplies and reagents.
4. Perform duties associated with receipt, coordination, shipment and transport of patient and donor blood samples.
5. May perform and interpret basic donor and/or patient testing procedures, guided complex serologic problem resolution and complete required quality control, as appropriate to state and federal regulations.
6. May perform guided complex serologic problem resolution.
7. Recognize testing irregularities, identify the cause, determine the solution and resolve the problem or refers it to the appropriate level.
8. May perform manufacturing duties associated with special blood products, if applicable.
9. Perform inventory management, coordination and shipment duties associated with donor product inventory including the maintenance of the exceptional and rare donor products.
10. May perform antigen typing duties, as applicable.
11. Perform labeling and verification of blood products.
12. May perform duties associated with document development and management.
13. Adhere to procedures and good manufacturing practices (GMP).
14. Maintain, edit and review computer and manual records to assure accurate record keeping. Maintain accurate, legible and complete records.
15. May perform internal staff training and/or competency review, if applicable.
16. Perform other related duties as necessary.
Qualifications: Bachelor's degree with major in biological science or chemistry with 1 year experience of laboratory testing or MLT (ASCP) certification or equivalent required. Three years of blood bank experience desired. State license may be required where applicable.
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
American Red CrossWhy Work Here?
A life-saving mission. Where Your Career is a Force for Good!
As one of the nation’s premier humanitarian organizations, the American Red Cross is dedicated to helping people in need throughout the United States and, in association with other Red Cross networks, throughout the world. We depend on the many generous contributions of time, blood, and money from the American public to support our lifesaving services and programs.
AddressSaint Louis, MO