Donor Center Phlebotomist - Training Provided
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
- 401 (K) with employer match
- Excellent Health/Dental/Vision insurance
- Paid time off & holidays
- Paid Family Leave (where applicable)
- Career Advancement Opportunities
As a Donor Center Phlebotomist member, you’ll use your compassion and healthcare and/or customer service skills to work at our fixed sites using automated phlebotomy procedures. To prepare for the role, you’ll receive paid training, which is a mix of classroom instruction and field practice. The Red Cross offers the ability to grow your healthcare skills and career within the nation’s top humanitarian organization.
- Balance production, donor care, and quality requirements to meet daily blood collection goals
- Take the time to personally connect with donors – listen to their stories and help them understand the value of their donation
- Be detail oriented all day, every day, to ensure that the blood you collect meets regulatory requirements and can be safely transfused
- Remain flexible to work a highly variable schedule that includes early start times, late end times, weekends and holidays to meet the needs of our blood drive sponsors and donors
- Interact in a positive, proactive, and customer-focused manner with both internal and external customers, demonstrating care and compassion at all times
- The aforementioned responsibilities of the Donor Center Phlebotomist describe the general nature and level of work and are not an exhaustive list.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum of one year customer service experience in public setting required.
- Effective verbal communication and public relations skills are required
- Phlebotomy, CNA, EMT or MA experience a plus
- A current valid driver's license and good driving record is required
- Physical requirements may include the ability to lift, push or pull heavy weights up and down ramps and stairs, good manual dexterity, the ability to sit or stand for long periods of time and adapt to long, irregular hours and frequent schedule changes is required.
About American Red Cross:
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.The American Red Cross is part of the world's largest volunteer network found in 187 countries.
American Red Cross
HealthcareView all jobs at American Red Cross