Are you seeking a full-time opportunity that makes a difference? Are you passionate about meeting new people? Do you want to have an impact in your community, across the country, and around the world? If your answer is “yes”, then we invite you to become a Courier for the American Red Cross!
Couriers provide delivery and return of our life-saving blood products and materials to both internal and external customers. This position is highly visible requires excellent customer-service skills.
$16/hr. - Shift: Mon. - Fri. - 3:30 pm to Midnight.
Courier – Responsibilities:
- Prepare for blood product deliveries by verifying orders, loading vehicles and maintaining route supply inventory to ensure prompt delivery of products to customers
- Document temporary storage and transportation of blood, blood products and materials as required by internal and external regulatory requirements
- Perform routine checks of product storage temperatures and maintenance of temperature-controlled units at off-site storage locations
- Take care of your team members – show up for every shift and give 100% while you’re there
- Contribute to a friendly and fun environment. Team up with your co-workers to keep our donors coming back again and again
- Interact in a positive, proactive, and customer-focused manner with both internal and external customers, demonstrating care and compassion at all times
The aforementioned responsibilities of the Courier position describe the general nature and level of work and are not an exhaustive list.
Courier - Qualifications:
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Previous experience with a messenger service or trucking company desired
- Legible penmanship and ability to read and write at high school level is required
- Physical requirements may include the ability to sit for long periods of time while driving routes. Load or unload trucks and lift, pull, push and move objects of up to 50 pounds. Must be able to drive throughout the region. Work under pressure and within time standards.
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.