BSI Strategy and Planning Analyst
- Posted: over a month ago
- $80,000 to $88,000 Yearly
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
As one of the nation’s premier humanitarian organizations, the American Red Cross is dedicated to helping people in need throughout the United States and, in association with other Red Cross networks, throughout the world. We depend on the many generous contributions of time, blood, and money from the American public to support our lifesaving services and programs.
By joining the American Red Cross, you will enjoy a collaborative work culture committed to the diversity of our people, programs, and services. You will touch millions of lives every year and experience the greatness of the human spirit at its best.
Are you ready to be part of the world's largest humanitarian network? If you share our passion for helping people, Join us- Where your Career is a Force for Good!
The American Red Cross is searching for self-motivated and independent Strategy and Process Improvement Analyst to work VIRTUALLY Monday- Friday 8am-530pm EST hours, to support the Biomedical Services Business Systems Integrations modernization efforts. This is a multi-year initiative focusing on large-scale software implementation and data management projects in a highly regulated environment. The individual will work on a wide variety of projects with tight timelines. Therefore, the right candidate must have strong analytical expertise, solid verbal and written communication skills, tactical & strategic strengths, proven academic track record and a keen attention to detail. And lastly, you must be a self-starter who can come up to speed quickly on new technologies and business acumen. Position is term-limited, benefits eligible: 18 months to 24 months with possibility of extension.
1. Conduct business process analyses, needs assessments, and preliminary
cost/benefits analyses in an effort to align solutions with business initiatives
improving processes by understanding and controlling variation, thus improving
predictability of business processes.
2. Formulate strategies working with Business Stakeholders, BSI leads, IT leadership and Third-Party Vendors around strategic planning to replace or enhancing current technologies in Biomedical Services.
3. Conduct business process analyses, needs assessments, and preliminary cost/benefits analyses in an effort to align solutions with business initiatives improving processes by understanding and controlling variation, thus improving predictability of business processes.
4. Identify processes for improvement, documents existing processes, identifies and analyzes gaps between current processes and the desired state, designs new processes, develops process performance measures and participates in planning the transition to a new process. Assist in defining the roadmap for executing strategic plans and monitoring progress against plan
5. Prepare business cases, key decision slides and white paper -presentation materials to support large spend requests or key decision support.
Education: 4-year college degree or equivalent combination of education and experience Business, engineering, or related field, MBA is preferred
- 3-5+ years of overall experience with a professional consulting service, conducting strategic assessments and processes or working on large-scale software implementations.
- Ability to think strategically and creatively while making data-driven decisions.
- Analytical minded with problem-solving aptitude.
- Experience working across corporate functions.
- Excellent organizational capabilities, written and verbal communication skills,
- Strong MS Excel and PowerPoint skills, capable of creating formal PowerPoint presentations and data visualizations in executive briefings.
Essential Functions/Physical Requirements: Depending on work assignment, may require ordinary ambulatory skills sufficient to visit other locations; or the ability to stand, walk and manipulate (lift, carry, move) light to medium weights of up to 20 pounds. Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard, operate equipment and read technical information. Overall mobility is essential. May include sitting for long periods of time, driving a vehicle and working under challenging conditions.
Work Conditions: Work is performed indoors with some potential for exposure to safety and health hazards related to emergency services relief work. May travel and participate in meetings and conferences throughout chapter jurisdiction, state and Red Cross system. Because the Red Cross is a disaster response organization, staff may be asked to be on 24-hour call during period of major disaster.
American Red Cross
AddressNew York, NY
BusinessView all jobs at American Red Cross
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?