Construction Project Manager
A top-ranked and growing national design-build construction company is looking to hire a Construction Project Manager for their Southeastern office located in Birmingham, Alabama to manage projects in and around that area.
You must have large commercial construction PM work (not residential) and most your recent experience must be in the corporate office and NOT just the field. A combination will work.
Summary of the Construction Project Manager Role:
- The Construction Project Manager will coordinate the interrelating activities of subcontractors, suppliers, vendors and customers, design and engineering efforts.
- Monitor and report on the financial status of the project(s), manage project budgets and is responsible for subcontract and contract administration. Develop job progress schedule to ensure that actual construction parallels with the schedule.
- Purchase and monitor the delivery of all needed materials for the project(s) ensuring optimum prices, quality and conformance to specifications.
- Negotiate contracts with subcontractors and vendors for various trades, ensuring that all phases of the work are encompassed and that a clear definition of work responsibility is defined.
- Review and approve subcontractor and vendor payment requests. Issue changes in the work to receive prices from subcontractors in a timely fashion.
- Work with design and engineering managers to ensure project(s) is/are designed, procured and constructed within the boundaries of operating guidelines, while conforming to technical requirements and ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Prepare various reports to successfully manage the project(s), such as monthly red files, progress analysis/schedules, billings and status reports. Organize and maintain job files to ensure continuity of workflow. Submit verbal and written reports on project status to management. Review shop drawings and submittals to ensure compliance with scope of work.
- May be responsible for estimating efforts relative to the project(s) and proposal preparation efforts. Responsible for the communication, implementation, and enforcement of the construction firm's safety and quality programs on site.
Construction PM Experience and Requirements:
- 7-10 experience managing large industrial construction projects. Experience as the lead project manager of a construction project is required.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field (Engineering, Construction Management, or Architecture) is strongly preferred.
- The new team member should be an energetic, self-motivated individual who enjoys a team environment, as well as a passion for collaboration and professional development.
If interested, please reach out by apply below or emailing our recruiter Jon Kowalsky at firstname.lastname@example.org or apply directly with your most recent resume at www.arcgonline.com.