- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
ARC Group has an immediate opportunity for a Cloud Engineer with Terraform experience. This is starting as a contract position running through August 2022 with potential to extend longer or convert to FTE. This position is 100% remote working Eastern time zone hours. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a dynamic organization that offers tremendous career growth potential.
This position has the potential to convert to FTE, as such candidates must be able to work for any US employer without sponsorship now or in the future. Candidates must be able to work as our W2 employee for the contract period.
This position is 100% remote!
Reference # 8364-1
- You will work on small to large complex requests with respect to deployed cloud infrastructure technologies within Microsoft Azure, Amazon AWS.
- The Candidate will work closely with other Cloud Engineers to architect and drive cloud deployment standards and templates across the whole development lifecycle, from sandbox, concept, through development environments and ultimately Production environments.
- Candidate will provide guidance around the created standards and templates such that cloud deployments can be handled by a variety of Cloud team members involved in onboarding throughout the all environments as well as production incremental changes and troubleshooting.
- Candidate will interact with Cloud team, engineering, and operations with respect to production and development, providing input around process improvements between teams, between customer relationships and business tool owners.
- The candidate will feel comfortable handling complex operational, day 2 operational issues, upon escalation.
- The candidate will feel comfortable with coaching other members of the cloud teams.
- Deliver Network Infrastructure and Security standards and practices across the organization. Utilizing Enterprise Terraform and ancillary technologies, such as Bitbucket to drive standards
- Formulates and defines system scope and objectives through research and fact-finding combined with an understanding of applicable business systems and industry requirements.
- Evaluate various lines of business requirements, compare that with available cloud technologies, and through collaboration, produce a technical solution that is cloud ready.
- Devises or modifies procedures to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operation time and form of desired results.
- Influence business partners and service providers regarding priorities, hardware/software selection and/or vendor selection.
- Identifies and documents technical strategies, objectives, and drivers.
- Analyzes and documents technical processes and metrics and identifies improvement opportunities.
- Proactively investigate known and unknown error conditions; following prescribed error correction processes as well as documenting resolutions that were not previously identified.
- Analyze problems/trends with client systems and applications and takes steps to avoid recurrence.
- Recognize abnormal processing conditions and raise appropriate issues as needed.
- Re-engineering processes to deliver greater effectiveness and efficiency.
- Identifies/documents how applications and systems interact to support business processes.
- Assesses, applies, and projects the impact of system changes on users and internal and external clients or stakeholders.
- Uses knowledge of systems and industry requirements to develop or modify complex information systems.
- Will mentor, guide, advise and/or check the work of less experienced business systems analysts.
- Considers business implications of the application of technology to the current business environment.
- Other related duties assigned as needed.
- This position typically requires five or more years of IT architecture and cloud operational experience.
Advanced Soft skills around working with people.
Ability to listen and exhibit empathy all in an effort to drive customer satisfaction.
- 2 to 3 years of Hashicorp Terraform Enterprise development with the following key skills: Terraform CRUD operations • Terraform modules -- how to consume and contribute to them Terraform remote states • Terraform state management • Proficient in translating abstract solutions into fully developed Terraform Enterprise code utilizing a combination of disciplines/concepts like modules and state.
- Proficiency in Open Source and Git Concepts
- 2 or more years of supporting Azure Cloud and AWS Cloud (Expert working Knowledge in Both Cloud are a requirement).
- Google Cloud is desirable.
- 2 or more years of Application Support
- 2 or more years of Network Support and troubleshooting
- Proficient knowledge of IP networks, subnets, routing.
- 2 or more years of coding solutions and scripting processes for automation.
- Microsoft Active Directory, LDAP technologies, etc.
- 2 or more years of experience deploying and troubleshooting key cloud network technologies: Load balancer, Application load balancers, firewall.
- 2 or more years of experience of integration with cloud deployed solutions, back to on premise data centers, cross cloud integrations, etc.
- Administration of Microsoft Windows Operating systems and Linux Red Hat Operating systems.
- Excellent customer service skills that build high levels of customer satisfaction for internal and external clients.
- Excellent collaborative skills and attitude.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization, e.g., executive, management, individual contributors
- Process oriented candidate who enjoys automating • Willingly shares relevant technical and/or industry knowledge and expertise to other resources
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, problem-solving, team, and time management skills
- Ability to persuade and influence others on the best approach to take.
- Practical experience with Power Automate and/or Logic Apps.
- Work closely with software developers, production support, and information security to automate and support infrastructure and tooling in cloud-based platforms • Leverage infrastructure-as-code (IaC) to architect and provision all workload resources and components using cloud-agnostic and/or cloud-native tooling
- Apply automated deployment tool sets and infrastructure including environments and code management using Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery processes
- Build solutions based on security, monitoring, logging, and alerting requirements
- Integrate on premise solutions with Cloud resources
- Develop testing use cases and detailed testing plans that map to the documented business and technical requirements, Monitor application performance and detect conditions affecting the health of IT cloud services in various cloud platforms
AWS Solutions Architect Associate
A Bachelor's degree in computer science or information systems Required, Master in Computer Science or Security desired.
Powered by JazzHR
American Recruiting & Consulting Group
TechnologyView all jobs at American Recruiting & Consulting Group