Due to contract expansion American Protection Services has a number of positions available.
Security Officer Quality Standards
An American Protection Services, Inc. Security Officer:
• Comes to work; is on time and completes shift assignments (including overtime and weekends, if assigned).
• Has a neat, professional appearance and comes to work in complete and clean assigned uniform.
• Has a friendly and professional demeanor and provides quality customer service.
• Is a good communicator (both verbal and written) and is capable of handling typical and crisis situations both efficiently and effectively.
• Understands and successfully executes his/her post orders including enforcement of client and company policies, rules and regulations.
Security Officer Basic Job Responsibilities:
Patrol facility or man post as instructed and serve as a general security presence and visible deterrent to crime and client rule infractions; detect suspicious activities and watch for criminal acts or client rule infractions at or near assigned post which may be a threat to the property, client or employees at the site. Report all incidents, accidents and/or medical emergencies. Respond to emergencies, such as medical and bomb threats; and to alarms, such as fire and intrusion by following emergency response proceedings.
Security Officer Basic Qualifications:
• Must be at least 21 years of age or older as required by applicable law or contractual requirements.
• Must have a high school diploma or GED, or at least 10 years of verifiable employment history.
• At least one verifiable employer.
• No criminal convictions as specified under American Protection Services, Inc. guidelines.
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing for the purpose of public interaction and report writing.
• Must have knowledge of computer software applications and their functionality (MS Office, Excel, and PPT).
• Authorized to work in the United States.
• Ability to perform essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Negative result on pre-employment drug screen.
• Successful completion of state security license level 3.
• Ability to maintain satisfactory attendance and punctuality standard.
• Neat and professional appearance.
• Friendly and professional demeanor.
• Ability to providing quality customer service.
• Ability to handle typical and crisis situations efficiently and effectively at client site.
Job Specific information:
• The current need for the position is immediate for Full and Part-hours and additional hours as needed.
• Possible support needed as need arises for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd shift as needed, including weekends. Candidate should expect to perform alternating shifts on a needed basis, including overnight shifts.
• The Hourly Pay is $18.00 per hour for in the Fort Worth area.