WA Area Manager
- $95,000 to $110,000 Yearly
Area Manager | Bellevue, WA
American Property Management is growing, and we are looking for a talented Area Manager for our properties in Washington state.
- Portfolio Information – TBD
- Schedule – Monday - Friday 7am to 4pm – Additional Hours/Days may be required based on the needs of the property. This position requires you to physically be at the property during your scheduled shift.
- Annual Salary – $95,000 - $110,000 / year
- Quarterly Bonuses!
- Traveling is required
Who We Are
Since 1986, American Property Management has developed, acquired and maintained multi-family properties in Western states including Arizona, California, Oregon, and Washington. As we plan for continued growth, we focus on providing exceptional living experiences for our residents and rewarding careers for our employees. As a company, we value commitment, integrity, and collaboration. To learn more about what we do, visit our website, www.americanpropertymgmt.com.
- 6+ years of experience managing an apartment community in the last 10 years.
- 2+ years' experience managing a portfolio of multifamily properties composed of a minimum of 600 units.
- Bachelor's degree in Business or Finance highly preferred.
- Ability to manage multiple properties, budgets and deadlines simultaneously.
- Must be well-versed in Federal Fair Housing Laws, Landlord Tenant Laws and ADA Laws.
- Customer service experience is required.
- Onesite and Lead2Lease experience preferred.
- A positive attitude and a team mentality.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Extensive experience with Excel, Word and Outlook is required.
- Must be able to speak, write and understand English.
- Must be able to reliably commute or be planning to relocate before starting work.
A Day in the Life
- Assisting Community Directors with hiring and discipline/termination of employees.
- Completing pre-hire, new-hire and term documents.
- Train and supervise staff with emphasis on the Operations Manual, in conjunction with American Property Management, Inc. goals and objectives.
- Perform timely quarterly and annual written evaluations and make recommendations on staff for the review of the Regional Manager.
- Submit monthly financial grading form for every property managed.
- Review and provide accurate monthly property bonus sheets.
- Submit monthly calendar to Regional Manager monthly.
- Approve YieldStar rates Monday, Wednesday and Friday each week.
- Current knowledge of Landlord-Tenant Laws, ADA/Fair Housing laws for individual states where APMI manages property. Ensure that monthly ADA/Safety meetings are documented, and manuals are kept current.
- Must maintain a current knowledge of Section 42 rules and regulations; ensure all managers are adequately trained in Section 42.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with Community Directors and assist them in areas of occupancy, turnover units and other administrative property business.
- Morning checklist to review at each property daily:
- Visit and inspect assigned properties every other month; prepare APM inspection report for this visit.
- Market effectively in order to reach occupancy and income goals.
- Assist in resolution of legal issues as requested by Regional Manager and Operations Director.
- Work with Community Directors to meet budget goals, review monthly financials and review variance reports.
- Review all Incident Reports with Community Director and take appropriate action. Review such reports with Regional Manager.
- Review delinquency reports and discuss with on site manager if delinquency is above the 5% on 10th or 1.5% on the 31 Submit plan Regional Manager.
- Work within annual established budgets.
- Report all accidents, emergencies, housing violations, and ADA/Fair housing requests for reasonable accommodations to the Area Manager.
- Annual property unit inspections, 90 days prior to completion of budgets.
- Ensure all working amenities at each visit on a weekly basis at each property, examples include pool, spa, fitness equipment, golf carts, tot lot equipment, sauna, basketball court.
- Ensure working safety amenities at each visit on a weekly basis at each property, examples include: lights out check, signage/landscaping lights working, gates working, pedestrian gates working, ADT cameras working.
- Training with Community Director and Assistant Community Director on the 30-Day Plan.
- Approve PO's weekly and/or as requested by the Community Director
- Prepare annual budgets for individual portfolios. Review draft budgets with Regional Manager to review with Operations Director and discuss changes and revision.
- Ensure that site staff are adhering to established company accounting procedures and timeline for due dates.
- Resolve compliance problem list issues within 72 hours of issuance.
- Travel as required to assigned properties.
- Encourage positive management-resident relations.
- Work with Community Director and Regional Manager to develop 10-year forecasting for capital improvements for their individual portfolios.
- Assist with training of all new hires.
- Assist Community Director with supervision of outside contractors working on the properties.
- Ensure that all contractors are licensed and bonded, verifying license, insurance and workers compensation prior to contract approval and work commencement.
- Other duties which are included in the job description upon hire.
How We Take Care of You
- Competitive medical, dental and vision benefits for you and your family.
- Opportunity to contribute to a 401k plan.
- Paid sick and vacation time.
- 12 paid holidays including 2 paid personal days of your choice!
- A comprehensive training and development program with a focus on employee success within the company.
- A companywide culture of inclusion.
- Fun work environment.
- Company provided PPE.
Our Commitment to You
At American Property Management, we care about building an engaging and collaborative team. We are committed to providing quality training, recognizing a job well-done, and providing opportunities for advancement within the company. If you are enthusiastic about property management, and customer service-driven, we would love to consider you for our team.
Upon submission of your application, you may be invited to participate in a preliminary Zoom interview as well as take an online job fit assessment. These steps are a required part of our hiring process. Only candidates who complete a Zoom interview and job fit assessment will be considered for on-site interviews. Upon acceptance of an offer, employees must be able to pass a 4-panel drug screen and background check before starting work with American Property Management.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, disability, sex, age, ethnic or national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or presentation, pregnancy genetics, veteran status, or any other status protected by state or federal law.
American Property ManagementBellevue, WA
Real EstateView All American Property Management Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.