Senior Mass Spectrometry Chemist
American Preclinical Services Minneapolis, MN
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical
Senior Mass Spectrometry Chemist - Minneapolis, MN
American Preclinical Services is seeking to hire a Senior Mass Spectrometry Chemist. This role facilitates the execution of analytical studies and research to expand the capabilities of the Analytical Lab. Duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Operates a variety of chromatographic and spectroscopic systems such as LC, LC/MS/MS, ICP/MS, and GCMS to analyze biological and chemical elements as directed by assays or study protocols.
- Develops and validates analytical methods and protocols adhering to GLP guidelines, and develops stability indicating assays.
- Reviews and revises chemical analysis-related SOPs and forms as necessary.
- Performs forced degradation studies to identify degradation products and impurities.
- Gathers and records data according to SOP and protocol guidelines, and performs technical evaluation of data to analyze, interpret, and provide written reports on results.
- Communicates with staff and clients as needed throughout the analytical process to ensure compliance with protocols and SOPs.
- Leads projects in the laboratory, and acts as a resource for department team members for project guidance and troubleshooting.
- Trains staff on department-related procedures, assay and study implementation and equipment SOPs and usage.
- Maintains inventory of laboratory supplies and coordinates with laboratory supervision for restocking as needed. Maintains and troubleshoots analytical equipment as required.
- Researches additional technologies, instruments, and assays for potential opportunities for growth in department business offerings.
- Maintains knowledge of applicable APS SOPs in order to successfully perform job duties, and GLP and ISO regulations in order to implement appropriate regulations as they apply to the non-clinical research environment and individual protocols.
- Bachelor's degree in chemistry or a related scientific field is required.
- Five years’ experience working with analytical equipment such as liquid chromatography (LC), liquid chromatography tandem mass spectrometry (LC/MS/MS), high pressure liquid chromatography (HPLC), inductively coupled plasma mass spectrometry (ICP/MS) and gas chromatography mass spectrometry (GC/MS), preferably in a GLP environment.
- Working knowledge of Good Laboratory Practices (GLP) and applicable ISO standards is preferred.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
**PLEASE APPLY TO BE CONSIDERED**
American Preclinical ServicesWhy Work Here?
Growing company! Experience career growth while contributing to cutting edge medical research!
Preclinical research organization that assists clients with research designed to help achieve permission for clinical trials of new medical technologies.